Looking for RCCL Loyals Opinions on DCL Alaska.

So my husband's extended family has decided to go on a Alaskan cruise on Disney Wonder next June for the annual family reunion. Most have booked already so there is no changing their minds on the cruise line unfortunately.

Just looking for some honest opinions on whether the Disney version of an Alaskan cruise is a good one. The Disney cruise is considerably more expensive than Royal and as such we would probably get an inside cabin and scale back on the excursions. My husband and I did a RCCL Alaskan cruise 11 years ago and absolutely loved it. I would love for my children (10 & 8) to experience Alaska but now I have to decide whether to spend way more money to do it with a large family group, or wait and do it cheaper on our own.

Wife & I have done 4 Alaska Cruise (3 RCCL and 1 CEL). Alaska is one of our favorite cruises.

I just checked June 2016 prices, RCCL starting about $600 pp, Disney starting about $1,300 pp...

I just wonder what Disney does for you for double the cost.

?????

30192-profile.png

I have been on 5 Alaska cruises 1 on RCI, 2 on Princess, and 2 on HAL and RCI's cruise was the worst. Very poor lectures, no naturalist, no local guests, poor port information, etc. The Alaska cruise was on a wonderful ship, Rhapsody that did a great job on the previous 2 legs of a B2B2B so I believe it was corporate cost cutting. In closing RCI is my favorite line but not for Alaska!