Best thing to do in Nassau

moran4carnival

What is the best beach or hotel in Nassau to spend the day at? We are sailing on the Breeze in February. Haven't been to Nassau since 1993. We are looking for a nice relaxing day. I heard there will be 5 ships in port that day!! Any input would be helpful. Thank you :)

We just returned from the NCL Gem. We were going to do the Blue Lagoon but the weather was looking like rain, so we walked to Junkanoo Beach.

It was about a 10 minute walk and the beach was nice. We rented 4 chairs, with 4 free beers and 4 shots for $40!

Grab a map on the way off the pier. They are all around.

The beach wasn't crowded at all. Our kids (9 & 7) had a blast swimming and exploring the sea life.

We bought drinks served in coconuts and had a great time.

No, i will say, it is not a super classy beach, but I would do it again. Others on the ship did the same and we all agreed, good choice!

BTW...it turned into a really nice sunny day!

We just returned from the NCL Gem. We were going to do the Blue Lagoon but the weather was looking like rain, so we walked to Junkanoo Beach.

It was about a 10 minute walk and the beach was nice. We rented 4 chairs, with 4 free beers and 4 shots for $40!

Grab a map on the way off the pier. They are all around.

The beach wasn't crowded at all. Our kids (9 & 7) had a blast swimming and exploring the sea life.

We bought drinks served in coconuts and had a great time.

No, i will say, it is not a super classy beach, but I would do it again. Others on the ship did the same and we all agreed, good choice!

BTW...it turned into a really nice sunny day!

Thanks for the input. Was the beach clean?

If you are looking for something to do in the evening, we were in Nassau in April and our ship stayed until 11:30 pm. We took the Sunset Champaigne Catamaran Sail from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm. We have enjoyed all the beaches, tours and snorkeling excursions that we've done in the past, but this catamaran sail was the best ever. Just the most relaxing way to spend the evening. We missed dinner in the MDR, but ate at the buffet instead. For day time beach fun, we get a cab and go over to Cabbage Beach. It is a free public beach and does not have any amenities, but that is what we are used to here in Florida anyway. There are vendors renting lounges, wave runners and selling drinks. No frills, but very beautiful. It's great if you just want a few hours away from the crowds to wade in the water and soak up the sun or walk the shore. Enjoy your cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

Where had the free wifi? I am taking an online course this summer while we are cruising and I could check in and answer posts from the beach!

Edited by musik07