How "simple" is Atkins

LeftatGator

• 2 weeks later...

Do Weight Watchers online - 15 bucks to join and get the info you need. It took me 5 months to lose 25lbs on Atkins and I never went off induction and I did 1 or 2 strenuos work outs daily then I joined WW 2 months ago and Ive already dropped over 20 lbs with it and my workouts are very moderate if at all since summer started. I do the points plan not core plan

Atkins is the quick losing diet. Some friends and I went on this diet a year ago, they lost more than I did, but I did lose some fat. However, Atkins has filed bankruptcy and it is getting hard to find the good Atkins snacks like we use to when we first started. It is easy to follow, you eat alot, only non carb things. WalMart use to carry the whole line of bars, now they are not getting everything. It is worth a try. Good-Luck:D Happy Cruiser

I just lost 8lbs on my first week of Induction. I only want to drop 20Lbs by mid October;the weight that I put on this summer, and then a little to have room on my next cruise.

I read somewhere that the key to optimal weightloss with this program is to do a "clean" Induction. That means NO cheating. I have been very good, thus the reward. I hate that the products are hard to find though. I really hate eggs for breakfast every day! If I had my way, I'd eat coffeecake, which also makes it hard to stay with this program very long...

Atkins is the quick losing diet. Some friends and I went on this diet a year ago, they lost more than I did, but I did lose some fat. However, Atkins has filed bankruptcy and it is getting hard to find the good Atkins snacks like we use to when we first started. It is easy to follow, you eat alot, only non carb things. WalMart use to carry the whole line of bars, now they are not getting everything. It is worth a try. Good-Luck:D Happy Cruiser

You will lose ALOT faster if you don't use ANY of those low-carb specialty products. Atkins is going out of business because the people doing low-carb for life don't rely on those products. Those products appeal to those who say "oh hey, I can do atkins and eat these chocolate bars 5 times a day? Great!".

This is why you hear of talk of "old atkins" and "new atkins". The old atkins is all whole foods, natural foods, veggies, meats, cheeses etc. The "new atkins" (after Dr Atkins died) is a corporate entity that wants to sell as much low carb stuff as they can. They changed the "rules" and state that you can eat this junk.

Save your money and buy some chicken breasts :)

Archived