Excursion is over at 12:30...what next?

picktowncruzr

We are doing the Snuba @ Rendevous Cay from 9:00 - 12:30. Ship doesn't depart until 6:00. What can we do in Belize within that time period? I certainly don't want to go back to the ship that early!! We're not much on city tours, etc...we like activity and fun beachy stuff.

You'd have to see if there is an afternoon excusion that interests you. There's little near the pier other than shopping. I would hestitate to set out with a private company at that point because most excursion destinations and beaches are a distance from the pier and you need to be back by 5:00 or 5:30 to make the last tender back to the ship.

I was afraid of that - - was actually hoping we could stay at Rendevous Caye for the rest of the day and get our own transportation back instead of coming back with the excursion. Anyone know if that's a possibility? Are there any private tenders that would bring us back?

I don't have the answer, and am actually wondering the same thing. Hopefully someone will know :) . Most of the excursions from the Miracle leave early, and get back by noon or 2pm. I'd love to do an excursion, then either go snorkeling and/or relax on Caye Caulker etc. Does anyone know if people can just take a water taxi there, just to go for a couple hours or so?? Thanks!

How about just shopping, eating, and having a few adult beverages near the port? There's plenty to keep you occupied for a few hours...plus, you'll be able to take one of the earlier tenders back to the ship and avoid the stress of the last-minute crowd.

To get to and from Caye Caulker on the water taxi takes at least 2 hours (10 minute walk to the terminal plus 45 minute to get there) plus you have to add time to accomodate the water taxi schedule so going to Caye Caulker does not make sense unless you have at least 4 or 5 hours.

There are several bars, the Wet Lizard is one of them and then right below them is an open air bar, I can't remember the name. They had inexpensive drinks that were great!

Another options is to go outside the gates of the tourism village. We did not really have enough time after our excursion for all that but we ate lunch the next day with some people who did. They toured the pirate house (again, I can't think of the exact name), you can see it from the tourism village. There were little shopping stands and ladies wanting to braid hair all around out there. There is security right along there so it would be safe!

Just a thought!

Thanks for the replies. Taillon, or anyone else, what do you think about leaving the tourist center?? I see so many people say not to leave, as it's too dangerous. I've seen poor areas, and driven by shanty towns before. Is it much worse than any other C. American country?? I'm afraid my friends just want to go snorkeling there, so me being a blonde female alone might not be the best idea...Any opinions or thoughts on things to do would be great. I'd love to see the Belize zoo, but the tour through Carnival is 5 hours!!

Vicky

Our guide, Ivar told us that the crime there was not bad. It was just like any other town (don't walk down a dark alley by yourself...lol) I am not sure that I would want to walk alone though. Our van went right by their Zoo it was within an hour of Belize City. Coral Breeze does not offer a zoo tour but they do have tours of ruins, snorkeling and a Paradise Beach...I haven't been to any of these though.

Email me directly (blessed1984@hotmail.com) and I will give you the email address for someone that might be able to be your guide for the day. I don't want to post it on the site without his permission.

Talk to you soon!

Tanya:)

Hey Vicky!

I just got an email from a contact in Belize and he said that when you get off the tender you can just go to any of the Taxi guides (they are in white uniforms) within the Tourism Village. Her said they are cheaper than the ship and very safe and reliable. We saw many of them when we got off the ship...they were holding signs for various tours and were very polite when we told them we already had a tour booked.

Thought I would pass that on!

Tanya

Archived