Transport from JFK airport

WLC061975

I will fly into JFK on the day of cruise. What's best way to get from JFK to cruise port. I will going on carnival splendor

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

"Best way" is in the eye of the beholder. A cab will cost a fixed $52.50 plus tolls and tips. You can do an express bus for I think $16 pp plus a cab from the last stop. You can do a car service(a pre-arranged car like a limo) for about the same as a cab. Cabs will be lined up ready to go from JFK to Manhattan with a line. The bus comes every 15 minutes or so...

You can also do the airtrain to either the NY subway/or LIRR...for about $7.50-15(the higher price is the LIRR) pp plus either walking or taking a cab....

Me I take a cab or car service.

There is also super shuttle which I don't recommend in NYC...

Thanks for the quick reply. I kinda lean towards air train. Can someone give me more specific how this can be done? I don't anticipate lots luggage since I will be trave l solo . Maybe a different airport will better. I will be fly from Florida.

Thanks for the quick reply. I kinda lean towards air train. Can someone give me more specific how this can be done? I don't anticipate lots luggage since I will be trave l solo . Maybe a different airport will better. I will be fly from Florida.

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-airtrain.html

You take the airtrain to Jamaica change for the E train for Manhattan which takes you to 50th street stop at eighth avenue and then its about a half mile walk to the pier. $7.50 pp(plus a one dollar metrocard surcharge).

Actually this is about the least expensive way from any of the NY airports. EWR is much more expensive. LGA does have a way to make it on one $2.50 metrocard each way(you buy a $5.00 metrocard to use roundtrip plus a $1 surcharge and you can use if for one free transfer each way)...

For service beween LaGuardia and western Queens or Midtown Manhattan, take the Q70 Limited or Q47 buses. Connections to the E, train(as above) on the New York City subway are available at Roosevelt Avenue/74th Street.

The bus fare is $2.50 (MetroCard or exact change required), except $2.75 whenever a single-ride ticket is purchased. MetroCard vending machines are available at most terminals within the airport. For passengers using the MetroCard, free transfers are available between buses and subways.

If you don't buy the ticket before the bus its coins only and you will have to pay again at the Train station(aka subway).

http://m.mta.info/mt/web.mta.info/nyct/service/eline.htm This is the E line. You get on from the LGA bus at Jackson Heights- Roosevelt Avenue. Once on the train it about 15 minutes to the 50th street stop...and a 15 minute walk to the cruise terminal. There is an elevator on the downtown side of the subway stop(the way you are coming from the Airport) only.

Check out "AirLink" online. You can do a van shuttle for about $20. You can book on line, too. We've used them for airport to hotel, but on line they have specific promts for "to cruise ship terminal". It would cost more, but they also offer private cars and limos.

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-airtrain.html

You take the airtrain to Jamaica change for the E train for Manhattan which takes you to 50th street stop at eighth avenue and then its about a half mile walk to the pier. $7.50 pp(plus a one dollar metrocard surcharge).

How long do you think this will take? I've only taken the Airtrain to the LIRR. I don't remember the last time I took the subway into the city. I'd love to try to catch a 1pm flight from JFK.

Have you ever taken the A train to the Howard Beach stop?

How long do you think this will take? I've only taken the Airtrain to the LIRR. I don't remember the last time I took the subway into the city. I'd love to try to catch a 1pm flight from JFK.

Have you ever taken the A train to the Howard Beach stop?

It should take a total of about an hour...

Yes I have taken the A train to Howard beach...aka the slow train to the airport...

I live near the Hoyt Street stop of the A train...

http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/aline.htm

It should take a total of about an hour...

Yes I have taken the A train to Howard beach...aka the slow train to the airport...

I live near the Hoyt Street stop of the A train...

http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/aline.htm

So I guess you recommend Jamaica over Howard Beach for the Airtrain connection from Midtown ;)

Thanks for the information.

So I guess you recommend Jamaica over Howard Beach for the Airtrain connection from Midtown ;)

Thanks for the information.

absolutely!

once you are on the subway at 50th street you don't change until Jamaica. If you go the other way you will have to change for the A train and the trains to Howard beach are notoriously slooooowwww....

Edited by smeyer418

Hi,

Have a question. Does anybody know of a Bus or van service from NY Penn Station. I am taking Celebrity Cruise out of NJ Port. Also if anybody knows price of Taxi or car Service to Port.

Thanks

Jon P:)

No bus or van service to Cape Liberty from NY Penn Station.

You should book a car service like Dial7 or Carmelimo for about $100. Another option is to take NJ Transit to Newark Penn station for $5/pp and a cab to Cape Liberty for $50-60.

Public transit via PATH, light rail, and cab is also an option from 32nd & 6th. This will cost $20-25 for 2 people and we can provide details.