Cruises from the UK boost the economy

pepperrn

"UK cruise industry adds £2.5bn to the UK economy"

Isn't that the cost per person for a world voyage in a QM2 Q1 Grand Duplex? :eek: :D .

I believe it works out to be $500,000 (250,000 GBP). I'm sure it's worth every penny though :)

This may be of interest...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27865627

BBC Interview with David Dingle, chief executive of Carnival Cruiselines UK.

(Apologies in advance if you can't view it in your part of the globe due to BBC copyright issues :( )

Happy sailings to all :)

The extra British cruisers may well be those that are currently being attracted to P&O by the almost give away prices on their saver bookings.

While we are far from new cruisers we were tempted to go on P&O's Azura last week because we could got a saver deal of £499 for a seven day cruise in a balcony cabin, judging by the number of people we heard talking about how little they had paid more than 50% of the passengers must have had similar bargains. We bumped into a friend of my husband who we had not seen for a while and he told us that he had paid more for his inside cabin than we had paid for our balcony. This was the second time this year that we took a late deal at these ridiculously low prices and if we get more emails tempting us again this year we will take more, in addition to our planned 2 week cruise.