Interior Room - does the deck matter?

Dont over think it. I have been on 7 cruises, all interior. Always chased the cheapest cruise, thus interior. Never thought to pay more to be on a different deck. My thinking is, once I am in the elevator, what difference does it make what button/floor I push?

Plus, why pay more for an interior room and a higher deck? At that point, if you are going to spend more, just spring for the cheapest Ocean View.

Most interior cabins are all the same but we did find a different configuration on the Magic. Midship on the Upper deck are some square interior cabins that just seem so spacious. I usually book lower in the ship and always try for midship, too, since I've noticed when I'm either too far forward or aft I tend to feel the motion. But I LOVED that cabin on the Magic and I saw that it is also on the Freedom so we will be looking hard at booking one of those. Only the people down that corridor seem to use it so it isn't as noisy either.

I'm heading out next month on my 4th cruise- all interiors. I've honestly never had a room complaint. I've been deck 6 midship & deck 2 midship on victory & deck 5 aft on imagination. I will be on riviera aft on freedom soon.

First cabin wasn't chosen by me & 2nd 2 were guarantees. This time I chose. I prefer aft or mid because it's nearer what I like to do. I chose riviera because there's cabins only above.

Has anyone stayed in 6393 on a Conquest Class ship recently? I was able to dig up some older threads confirming that it is only one of 3 1As that show as an upper/lower, but in reality they have a twins that can be pushed together.

It also looks like Valor has the beds on a different wall than the others. Just trying to find out if you heard any noise either from below or from the "blank space" next to it. Also any new pics would be great. I'm particularly interested in the Glory, but other Conquest Class ships will do :) Thanks!

Main was a pain due to elevators. Empress was nice because we like to walk to the bar before turning in and grab a drink. Each evening we could hear the band playing at the empress bar and it was nice. I agree with others who say book close to where you will soend your time and what's important to you. Just be careful if you dont like rocking and swaying.....those upper levels can give you a good bit of motion at times!

I would suggest you move to a higher deck than save money on lowest. On two separate cruises two different ships different lines had issues that really made lower deck cabins undesirable. Realize this is rare but so are your chances to cruise. One ship had engine issue and the crew worked for the entire week cruise banging equipment ( actually they lost 2 engines and speed was cut 25%. They could not make entire itinerary and they were trying to fix engines ) on a different cruise the waste water (black water) treatment system had an issue in all but extreme forward and aft sections of ship. No public rest rooms open for two days. Since you know what rolls downhill the smell on the lower decks was unsavory to say the least. Neither incident was related to interior rooms. Just to deck level. Cruise lines say issues are rare but we have only been on ten cruises that yields 20% chance of failure from our history. Still keep cruising. Just choose upper deck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

When my wife and I cruised for the first time we were in an interior room for 10 days. Never having been aboard a ship before we didn't think anything of it. However VERY quickly we realized that not having natural light in our cabin was bad for the both of us and we swore we would never do it again (and we haven't). As someone that's fairly new to CC, after reading this thread and others I never knew that interior rooms were so popular, but I guess it makes sense since there are probably more interior rooms than balconies. I guess what matters most is that you're comfortable so that you can make the most of your cruise. 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Forums