October 25 - Star Princess to Mexico

kenchuckie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Gary and Chi,

Welcome. We look forward to meeting you on board. We are coming down from Sacramento.

Ken & Chuck

Small world, we live part time in the burbs of NE Sac and the rest of the time in the Bay Area (East Bay). I heard this cruise is suppose to go out of the new terminal, Pier 27. Long term parking around there is very difficult to non-existant. :eek:

We can't wait to see the new terminal. We agree parking will be a challenge. We are still trying to figure out on how to do it. We may rent a car to get down there and then rent one to get back. But we may also drive down if we can find a parking lot that can accommodate us. We just don't know yet. We are bringing Ken's Mother and his aunt so we will have a total of four people. Lots of luggage.

We're fortunate that a friend has offered to drop us off and pick us up at the terminal. So, we won't have to deal with the parking issue. :)

With four in your group, you will probably have lots of luggage. Our plan is to be casaual and relax, so no formal nights. Since it will be mostly shorts and t-shirts we are conteplating two small carry ons. Two years ago we were in China and managed with a 21 inch carry on and a back pack each for a month. :eek:

Looking forward to meeting you aboard.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We are excited and yes packing a little. We see you at the first LBGT get together?

We were on the Star in September and the LGBT get together was at 5:15PM in the Wheelhouse Bar on Deck 7. I'm assuming the time/location will be the same. We usually do anytime dining around 5:30PM, so 5:15PM is a bit inconvenient for us. But, we might drop by for a few minutes on the first night.

Do you have traditional seeting (early/late) or are you doing anytime dining?

We disembarked at the new terminal Pier 27 on September 21, it was nice, new, but very small. :eek:

Feel free to email us at cruiseguys AT usa DOT com. Looking forward to seeing you you on board.

We were on the Star in September and the LGBT get together was at 5:15PM in the Wheelhouse Bar on Deck 7. I'm assuming the time/location will be the same. We usually do anytime dining around 5:30PM, so 5:15PM is a bit inconvenient for us. But, we might drop by for a few minutes on the first night.

Do you have traditional seeting (early/late) or are you doing anytime dining?

We disembarked at the new terminal Pier 27 on September 21, it was nice, new, but very small. :eek:

Feel free to email us at cruiseguys AT usa DOT com. Looking forward to seeing you you on board.

We are set for dinner at 6:00 PM. But we may try to change that. Look forward to meeting everyone the first night.

We can't wait to see the new terminal. We agree parking will be a challenge. We are still trying to figure out on how to do it. We may rent a car to get down there and then rent one to get back. But we may also drive down if we can find a parking lot that can accommodate us. We just don't know yet. We are bringing Ken's Mother and his aunt so we will have a total of four people. Lots of luggage.

Ken and Chuck

I was looking through the travel summary from Princess and there is parking available nearby in the garage at 55 Francisco St. I remember we parked there one time in May 2005. It’s a four story parking structure about 3-4 blocks from Pier 27. There is no self parking and the keys are left with the attendant, which I didn’t like. Rates are a bit pricey, $18-$28 per day, but it is San Francisco and cruise parking combined.

This is their website: http://www.55francisco.com/

Gary

Ken and Chuck

I was looking through the travel summary from Princess and there is parking available nearby in the garage at 55 Francisco St. I remember we parked there one time in May 2005. It’s a four story parking structure about 3-4 blocks from Pier 27. There is no self parking and the keys are left with the attendant, which I didn’t like. Rates are a bit pricey, $18-$28 per day, but it is San Francisco and cruise parking combined.

This is their website: http://www.55francisco.com/

Gary

Gary it is funny you mention that. We have two cars caravanning down and we have made reservations at that garage. It is pricey, but we don't have much choice. We have two full cars. The nice think is it will be easy to drop off get on the ship and then when it is all over it will be easy to get off the ship and leave. If we did have Mom and her sister we would have just taken Bart.

We have two cars caravanning down and we have made reservations at that garage. It is pricey, but we don't have much choice. We have two full cars.

This image of a family circa 1950's heading off to their summer home in the family sedan, followed by the staff in a "woody" station wagon packed to the gills with luggage strapped to the roof popped into my head when I read that. Thank you for the chuckle! :D