Best snorkeling in nassau?

Henry325

Hi everyone. My wife and I will be in Nassau off of a cruise in July. We love to snorkel and just bought a brand new underwater camera we would love to take advantage of :)

Any suggestions on the best snorkeling in Nassau?

Well "not the best" may not be completely fair - the reef was beautiful, lots of coral formations and fish - but the "Seahorse Sailing and Snorkeling" excursion we took off Royal's Enchantment last month was disappointing. Same tour as other lines, folks from two NCL ships were along with us.

This is a cattle boat, overloaded, >50 people. Never got under sail (set the sail luffing on way back and kept engine running). Rum punch sans rum. The reef was great but next time we'll consider some other smaller operators that have been discussed on this board.

Snorkeling with sharks sounds awesome :)

Another question. What is the best time of day for snorkeling? I see most companies have 2 times for tours (930 or 12). I am assuming the later time would be better when the sun is out to see better but I could be wrong.

Snorkeling with sharks sounds awesome :)

Another question. What is the best time of day for snorkeling? I see most companies have 2 times for tours (930 or 12). I am assuming the later time would be better when the sun is out to see better but I could be wrong.

If you are snorkeling in a shallow area, you definitely want morning before all the sand etc. gets churned up too much.

It doesn't always happen, but in some areas where it was beautiful and clear in the morning, it's much more murky later in the day.