Medicines ???????

opaque

Very confused. we are leaving on the 28th for the western caribbean cruise on the rhapsody of the seas. my husband and i carry a lot alot of medicines because of our health,some say--only take what you need for that week , others say----it must be in the orginal container with the prescription on it. can you answer this?:confused:

I also take some heavy duty drugs due to nerve pain from MS. I have never had any problem taking any of my meds with me. While it's always the best to have your meds in their original containers I also know that a lot of people use those plastic containers that devide the meds into dosages and days of the week ect. I have done it both ways without any problem. No one has ever asked any questions about any of my meds however you may want to keep them out of site inside your room if you take any "certain kinds of meds. I also tend to take extra meds with me because you never know you may drop one or two down the sink or you may have to extend your trip for some reason. Especially with the unknown weather in the hurricane months. Hope my experience helps you. Enjoy your cruise!

Barbara

Definitely take more than you need for the week. You never know what may happen, such as your trip could be extended. The ship's tend to have wonderful medical care, but there is no guarantee that they will have the exact medicine you need if you run out.

If you don't take it in the original bottles, make sure to make a list of all medicines you take and the exact dosages, so that if something happens others will know what you are taking. I personally take my original bottles and keep a list with me of all medicines I take and what they are for, plus my allergies.

I always take the full bottles with me.....it helps me stay in my "routine" because I have the caps labeled AM and PM so I can remember when to take what pills! Plus, I'd rather not have to explain what each pill is if there was ever any question from security or customs.

It is always a good idea to keep a list on you of everything that you take in case of an emergency. I work in a dental office and am amazed at the number of people who don't know what medicines they take. I stress to them that if they are ever out with out someone that knows what they take and there is a medical emergency, there could be more problems with receiving the proper treatment.

I have always just taken the meds in the seven day pill box, but we only take 2 total. But it is nice to put other things in it like Advil, tums, etc.

Enjoy your cruise no matter what!!!

I tend to take my medicine chest with me. My standards and then pain and antibiotic meds for if needed along with all over the counter items. I have found that you pay much more on ship or in foreign ports (if you can find them) not to mention who wants to search for Pepto Bismol when you feel earpy? I always take in original bottle since I saw customs confiscate another passengers meds because they were all jumbled in one container. If it is something you REALLY need I would also take a written prescription with me , if only to convince a foreign doctor that you really take this and are not just a drug addict trying to work a scam.

I plop everything in one of those big zip lock bags and toss it in my carryone...never had a problem on 6 continents.

All you have to do is go to your pharmacy and get them to print you another label and put it on a bottle. That way you dont take all your pills but they are all in their different bottles with all instructions and labels.

My DH takes over 20 medications. Since we get 3 months at a time via mail order, taking them in the original bottles would be unwieldy at best so I put them into small, clear plastic boxes, each of which has 6 sections. I put the boxes into a toiletry along with several medications that are liquid or too big for the boxes. The toiletry bag goes in my carry-on along with copies of his prescriptions in case of emergencies. We fly 4 or times a year and have gone on 20+ cruises and never had a problem.

Archived