Drink Package

July4

Will be on RCCI and debating premium drink package on this Alaska trip. With the (4) long port days, only 2 sea days- where we will looking at glacier and passage and probably not sitting by pool- wondering if worth it this time. We have had in pass and always got our monies worth:confused: comments/thoughts please

We've only done it once, on a special Alaska cruise with a group of friends. We got our money's worth that time, but normally wouldn't, even on a warm-water cruise. In Alaska, we're more likely to go to a local bar/saloon, and in fact did that in Hoonah even when we had the drink package back at the ship.

We usually get the premium package while in the Caribbean; however, when visiting new ports in Alaska and with such long port times, we would rather see as much as we can off ship and sample the local brew!:cool: DH got the soda package and I got the Royal Replenish package for the fresh squeezed OJ, unlimited water, and, of course, those specialty coffees, virgin frozen drinks, and, my favorite, Bloody Shames!!:p

Just back last Friday. We had the soda package and almost didn't use it enough to justify it. If you are touring, you are definitely off the boat a lot! I would say unless you are drinking like a fish every waking moment, it probably isn't worth it. Just my opinion, though! ;)