men in a tux

ronulbrich

You will always see a handful if men wearing a tux. My husband has worn his but has also taken a suit and tie. For me, it depends on whether I am planning on wearing a formal full length gown or cocktail dress. My husband will take his tux if I plan to wear a gown, suit if I wear a cocktail dress. That way we match as far as how formal we are dressed. A man in a tux with a woman in a cocktail dress don't really go together in my mind. I just follow all the dress rules that I have experienced in the past with my husbands job.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is stopping you from dressing up more often. I see where you are from, there are many Black tie charity events held where you live. As a matter of fact there are many coming up. 1 each month until about a dozen in September. Last month was the Wine ball for people with disabilities at the Marriott Grande lakes.

Would you like to go to one so you can dress up and help others out?

Really ??

To get back to wearing a tux on a cruise, dressing up or not wanting to dress up for whatever reason on a cruise, I think the meaning of tradition (for formal night) has taken a back seat, to convenience.

Any business wants happy customers and Carnival appears to be adhering to this principle, to include their customers wanting to 'feel comfortable' on any given night.

for the first time in over a decade I left my tux behind last year...I didn't miss it. The vibe on the ship is not the same as a it was before or even before that I'm sure. I like tuxes because they are timeless and look good. Suites and sport coats don't see to keep up with the times as well...

Packing a tux doesn't take up more room than packing a suite...though you will see considerably less people in a tux. To the point one kid called me out two years ago 'That guys even wearing a tux' to his buddy because there were so few of us.

If I were going to take my tux again, I think I would book the steakhouse for formal night as I think it aligns to more to the vibe vs. the MDR. I think 'elegant night' is now more like shower and put on some pants for 90 minutes during dinner.