Drink package on NCL Dawn, worth the $$?

Jgsoccer7

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are sailing on the Dawn 7/4. We don't drink a lot but want to enjoy a few drinks each a day.

We're just trying to decide if the package is worth the $.

Are there places in Bermuda we could use the drink package or is it for only on the ship?

Does the ship ever have happy hour drink specials or anything like that during the week?

Thanks so much!

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are sailing on the Dawn 7/4. We don't drink a lot but want to enjoy a few drinks each a day.

Are there places in Bermuda we could use the drink package or is it for only on the ship?

Does the ship ever have happy hour drink specials or anything like that during the week?

Thanks so much!

Drink package is only on the ship. Happy hour or specials are limited.

As to the first question... you may want to scroll down the page (or two) and read some of the few thousand posts about this. Including one that includes a spreadsheet. Bottom line - it is well worth it for some people, close to breakeven for others and a total post for some. Not sure which you would be.

Edited by garycarla

For my husband and I, we came to the conclusion it was not worth it. We would each have to order 7-8 drinks/day to break even. I certainly could do that a few days of the cruise, but he drinks no more than 3 a day. Add to that being docked in Bermuda and spending significant time off the ship, it really made it not worth it.

Hello,

Thanks so much!

The break-even point is typically around 7 drinks per day per person. It's only on the ship.

Keep in mind you'll be ashore quite a bit in Bermuda- moreso than other itineraries.

Happy hour specials are limited, but I believe there are several "tastings" available on the Dawn- it's been awhile since I sailed her.

Let's just say the $15 "tasting" I did on the breakaway (Martini) were definitely a better value than 2 full-sized martinis that would have cost the same.

Our bar bill for 2 drinks averaged anywhere from $14-$19 (Pina Colada, Rebellious Fish, etc). If you're looking at having a few (3-4) drinks per person per day, figure it will run you around $35 per person per day with gratuity included. UBP will run you $56 per person per day with gratuity.

I could only drink $60 a day worth of alcohol on one day. Not 7. My total bill for myself was $150 or so for the week. There were a lot of oportunities to drink complimentary drinks too. At least for me there was.

Latatudes party, Captains thing, art auction, etc...

I hear say it does pay off for some. Just not me and the wife. We are probably considered light weights. But I do like to remember what I spent my hard earned cash on.