The English Pub -- any special beer

papadave

I'm hoping that the pub has more than the usual variety of light American beer (Bud, Bud Light, Coors, Coors Light, Miller, Miller Light may seem like a list of 6 beers, but the variety is lacking). What's the best beer or ale available in the English pub on the NCL ships?

My husband and I just returned from the Star and we were impressed with the beer selection. In the Red Lion and throughout the ship, there were not only the usual beers you mention, but also others Guiness, Bass, Fosters, Amstel Light, Dos Equis, Corona, Heineken, Alaskan Ale, etc. They were reasonably priced at $3.25 for a domestic and $3.75 for a non domestic with 6 bottle buckets for the price of 5.

The only slight disappointment was that Bass was listed as being as tap, but it wasn't when we were there-Heineken was on tap and it seemed like they needed to clean their tap (you know when it has that not fresh flavor?). But everything was available in bottles. Also, there were no 2 for 1 specials when we were on the ship. We asked about it and they said they were not running any that week. Overall it was probably the best beer selection I've seen on vacation.

Archived