Dream vs Magic

Gaprofitt

Hey All,

I've been on Breeze, assuming the same itinerary what's the difference between Dream and Breeze? I'm traveling with a young 3 year old as a single Dad. I know Dream doesn't have guys which isn't a big deal, New Orleans vs Galveston not a big deal. My son loves mini golf which Dream takes the cake on that one. Not sure about the slash areas or camp carnival on both. Booking tonight, need to decide for Jan.

Thanks,

My family has been on both and my children ages 15,10 and the rest of the family prefer the Magic. Not only, the mini golf is better, they have the red frog pub and few other food venues that we enjoyed more than the Dream. We did enjoy the Dream, don't get me wrong, which we will sail again next, just preferred the Magic.

Magic's waterworks is great and has something for all ages...

th_DSC05933_zpse06357d5.jpg

Though the ropes course may not be suitable for 3yo, it's on Magic but not Dream...

th_DSC06019_zps65596870.jpg

Hope you make the choice that's best for you and your child. Bon Voyage!

Magic has better water slides and water play area, Red Frog Pub and is newer. Dream is a nice ship but you can tell it's the first of her class and improvements were made on the Magic.

I prefer Dream. I prefer Dream's decor & setup, plus Dream has better shows in the theater. Although the illusion show on Magic is quite good. Dream has a better mini golf course. The Magic's waterpark is only slightly better. Both ships have equally good big waterslides. Magic has more splashing features with their big structure, while Dream has one-story racer slides that small kids can do that Magic doesn't have. Both have plenty to do for the little ones in the area, but it's hard to say which one is better. Dream doesn't have the Red Frog Pub, but I have gotten very little out of that thing.

Dream has slightly fewer passengers & slightly more public space. Magic eliminated some public space, and she put the basketball court right over the pasta bar, which makes for a noisy lunch. Dream has a much larger comedy club. Dream has 2 extra hot tubs that Magic doesn't have. They are on deck 11, above the main pools, near the big screen, off on the sides. The Magic eliminated them & replaced them with nothing. Dream may have been first in the class, but the little mistakes seemed to come with the Magic. I still would sail Magic again, but I would rather go on Dream.

Edited by k2excursion

I prefer Dream. I prefer Dream's decor & setup, plus Dream has better shows in the theater. Although the illusion show on Magic is quite good. Dream has a better mini golf course. The Magic's waterpark is only slightly better. Both ships have equally good big waterslides. Magic has more splashing features with their big structure, while Dream has one-story racer slides that small kids can do that Magic doesn't have. Both have plenty to do for the little ones in the area, but it's hard to say which one is better. Dream doesn't have the Red Frog Pub, but I have gotten very little out of that thing.

Dream has slightly fewer passengers & slightly more public space. Magic eliminated some public space, and she put the basketball court right over the pasta bar, which makes for a noisy lunch. Dream has a much larger comedy club. Dream has 2 extra hot tubs that Magic doesn't have. They are on deck 11, above the main pools, near the big screen, off on the sides. The Magic eliminated them & replaced them with nothing. Dream may have been first in the class, but the little mistakes seemed to come with the Magic. I still would sail Magic again, but I would rather go on Dream.

Thanks for the comparison. Friends wondering bout the waterpark for their little one. We don't travel with kiddies so don't pay alot attention to those things.

Thanks all!

Kat