Panty Hose with open toed shoes

Suzanne, it seems to me the answers are not the 50/50 you hoped for ... they tend to lean more in FAVOR of the hose. I agree. I'm with you - not for any reason (for 52, I have pretty decent legs) other than I just don't feel "finished" without them.

Soo... bottom line is, if you wear the hose there will be some fashion-concious types who will wince. If you don't wear the hose, there will be some fashion-concious types who will wince. 99% of the people won't give a second thought to whether you're wearing hose or not.

That leaves it neatly up to you, doesn't it? That's a *good* thing!

It was funny, I clicked on your link and looked at the pix before I read the rest of your post and thought "Wow! Why is she talking about the pink and the black. She looks STUNNING in the green".... and then finished your post to find it's not your favorite!

I'm late to this thread but I wanted to say, Suzanne you look GREAT in all of those gowns. I wish I was as thin as you. And although I know about the no hose with sandals trend I think your pink dress with the silver sparkly hose looks wonderful with the sandals. But I do understand your concerns as I am very very white as well and have the vein-y thing going on with my legs. I have tried sunless tanners, even for my recent cruise on Zenith in June. I ended up with streaky, blotchy legs :eek: .

Luckily, I wore a long gown on both formal nights with hose and closed toe ankle strap satin high heel shoes. On the other nights I wore long skirts (mid-calf) with no hose. My shoes were closed toe-sling back heels that I bought in Italy last year. Because the skirts were so long you only saw a tiny part of my lower leg/ankle and it was not streaky there for some reason :) . I'll have to try the Jurgens Natural Glow and hope the odor doesn't bother me or maybe even the Sally Hansen spray on hose that was mentioned. Thank you all for your suggestions everyone.

I know the trend is to go hose-less with open toe shoes...my question now is...I'm seeing the open toe/closed heel shoes for fall/winter. What are we supposed to wear with them? It's freezing here where I live in Winter. Are we supposed to go without hose with these type of shoes??? If so, I'll not be buying them.

BorntoTravel - Yes, Spanx will de-wiggle you, smooth you out, and make you look like you've lost a couple of pounds.

Well, as long as you don't have any fat above them or below them. That's the problem with those things - they always leave a ridge of flesh protruding at the edges. I never could wear them. Though I guess it depends on the style. I did purchase a pair of Flexees - high cut french style panties. They fit me very smoothly, and give a nice sleek profile for one of my very form-fitting dresses. The Spanx styles just don't work for me - no matter what size.

I never actually gave the hose no-hose debate a thought, just wore what I thought looked best. But I do have a problem with hose in sandals, it seems my feet slide around in the sandals, I just don't feel as secure on heels. Am I the only one who feels that way?

As for the bust getting bigger on formal night, I'm right there with ya girlfriend! :D

I have been on 19 cruises and have never noticed if anyone was wearing hose with open-toed shoes. For that matter, I have never noticed if other women were wearing shoes! I am always too busy having fun myself to notice others. Wear what makes you comfortable!

Happy Single Mom - I don't get the line with Spanx. My legs are NOT thin - I've got some serious thighs and I don't have a problem with them. I have tried another brand (don't recall which one) that did give me the line and I can't even stand next to a pair of thigh-high hose, nevermind put them on.

Spanx are the best thing ever invented for a woman. Queencath - I have not tried the bra, but I do like the skirt. I only wish it came in different colors and the material was a little less slimy.:confused: You know, not as slinky.

I hear ya. Sometimes I feel like a kielbasa in it's casing. Not to mention the fact that the gyrations I endure to squeeze into them sends my husband into hysterics. (I wish men had to go through what we women do!) And heaven help me when a hot flash hits-- can't wait to peel them off!

My two "formal" dresses-- silk chiffon halter in an abstract floral print in shades of orange and ivory, worn with these killer strappy orange high-heeled sandals (NO HOSE!), very Sex-in-the-City-Samantha; and a chocolate brown silk dupioni-satin with a drop waist and full skirt, with closed-toed T-strap stilettos in a tapestry print. Look for the woman who can't walk in her shoes, that's ME!

I used to wear panty hose but not anymore, but I am younger so I guess I can get away with it more easily. Personally I wouldn't wear hose with open toe shoes (that will probably change when I'm older) but I think as long as you cannot see the seam on the toes then it will look fine.

Archived