Question about formal Night

daninnyc

Hi -

Wanted Seadream but it seems it gets flooded with children and families. Would sail Windstar but wanted a different experience. Would Try Seaboure BUT....not into the formal nights.

Here's the question: If we book a seabourn, is there alternative dinning so that I can wear a jacket and shirt for example, but NOT HAVE to get in a Tux?

Dan

Absolutly. On the formal nights you can dine in the Verandah, where on my APril 7 cruise I dined every night because I love it. Also, you can have your dinner served in your suite, course by course, with the appropriate wines. Its great. Get in your PJs and robe, get a great video and have a great meal. What could be better.

Bon voyage

You certainly can wear a dark suit and join in the festivities in the dining room on formal nights.The Verandah is a charming, less formal dining alternative and room service can be even more fun.

Jane in PHL

There is a wider variability for women on formal nights, I believe. I have seen very dressy short cocktail dresses and certainly long outfits. I try to make do with the basic long black dress and many sparlky/bright jackets or wraps. This is also the time for that often less carried dressy purse, as well. Judith Llieber, anyone??

Seems that whenever there is music, there is dancing. Dancers can be found every night in the Club and often times during the cocktail hour. I have seen it also at the sail-away parties in the SkyBar as well.

Jane

I agree! I must admit that when I figured I would see the same people for 18 days I would have to expand my wardrobe a bit; hence the larger suitcase. I love being able to wear my jewelry in different configurations. That's one reason I like the formal nights.

However, I promise to be of clean clothes, even if a bit repetetive.

Jane

Maunakealady,

A little black dress, and black velvet or black crepe pants that you can mix and match with a beaded top or two, is really quite sufficient. One gown in between, for a 28-day cruise, is plenty. You won't have the same people onboard the entire cruise, and believe me, nobody will notice if you repeat an outfit, and nobody will care. The dry cleaning onboard ship is excellent, so you don't need to shlep your entire wardrobe from home. Keep it simple. ;)

Denyse

well, actually, I don't own a black dress, black velvet pants, or black crepe pants. but I know what you mean by not going overboard (no pun intended! yuk yuk). my wardrobe is a bit more colorful from living in Hawaii. I have several outfits like you've described - but not in black. so they will probably look less formal.

Archived