Epic Photo Review – Specialty Dining - Menus - Freestyle Dailies - Deck Tours

megacruiser

Following and thanks for all the detail and photos so far.Planning to book Epic next year so have a healthy appetite for anything Epic related.

Thanks for posting. I was on the old Oriana twice and have two abiding memories. One was the fact that a large section of the dance floor was removed to winch luggage aboard and the second was a bar, beside the enclosed swimming pool, where free milk shakes made with fresh bananas were served. Those were the days.

My first cruise with P&O was on the old Arcadia and the present one is the third incarnation of that name. The most special ship had to be Canberra, but the lack of private facilities eventually sealed its fate. Memories...

Reagrds

megacruiser

I'm so excited for your new review, your Oasis review helped make our cruise on her a memory for a lifetime.

I feel very flattered by that. What a nice thing to say...

Much appreciated.

megacruiser

Edited by megacruiser

Following - just scoping out choices for me and my wife - the Epic has some great rates from Thanksgiving to Christmas doing the Caribbean. Just got off the Allure last week and got the bug to try another real soon.

NCL value for money is undeniable. Even more so for solo travellers with the studios.

Regards

megacruiser

Appreciating both the review and the contortions that it took to take this shot! :D

If that shot was a little awkward, you can only imagine what I had to do to get shots of the Haven!

Thanks for the appreciation.

megacruiser

Megacruiser, I have a question. Are there hair driers in the studios on the Epic? If not, do cabin stewards provide them on request? Nancy

Sorry Nancy, I don't recall seeing a hair dryer... I am sure someone out there can answer this one for you...

Regards

megacruiser

Came here from your Oasis review. Definitely following! Sailed on the Epic in 2012 and loved her. Posh was possibly the best purchase we made on board. Thank you for the lovely review and photos!

Hello ashpam,

Many thanks for following and the lovely compliment. I can understand the appeal of the Posh Club if you want to be near the action, but to have more space and comfort. Had there been shade on the upper level on Deck 19, I would have enjoyed it too. Just not keen on being so near the noise from pool deck.

Regards

megacruiser

I usually preferred to take lunch and breakfast in the main dining room when possible. Taste is open for breakfast every day; and for lunch on Day 1; and Day 2 at sea; and Day 7 with the afternoon arrival in Palma. Occasionally I liked to have a made-to-order omelette in the Garden Cafe; really well made too. Oasis Class ships don’t offer this in their buffet.

EpicTasteMDRBreakfastMenu-0927-1-2_zpsf2db243b.jpg

The standard of breakfast there was very good overall and exceeds Royal Caribbean’s offering. The fruit plate was always excellent; a really generous portion of delicious perfectly ripe fruit well-prepared to eliminate those annoying skin traces often found. The Salmon Eggs Benedict and the Omelette-with-Smoked-Salmon were both also first rate. Not so keen on the Cinnamon Raisin French Toast - a bit too thick and spongy for my taste... Another thing I liked was the little pot of coffee brought to allow top-ups when needed...

I will post photos here of a variety of MDR breakfast dishes taken over the cruise...

Generous serving of fruit...

EpicTasteMDRBreakfastFruitPlate-0928-2_zps7b6545df.jpg

Well made omelette with smoked salmon slices...

EpicTasteMDROmeletteSalmon-1-1_zpsf375ed32.jpg

Cinnamon Raisin French Toast (with Smuckers Sugar Free Maple Flavour Syrup at edge of shot)...

EpicTasteMDRCinnamonFrenchToast-1-1_zps5a67ede4.jpg

Salmon Eggs Benedict - Recommended

EpicTasteMDRSalmonEggsBenedict-1-1_zps09e4b6b1.jpg

Edited by megacruiser

Off then to the Mandara Spa to use my day-pass, reserved the day prior. The charge is $45. Whether it is good value depends on your outlook. It’s a luxury, and pampering is usually pricey. . It was undoubtedly a bargain compared to most of the actual Spa Treatments on offer. When I was there it was relatively quiet. I had no problem getting a heated stone chaise longue. I was also able to relax out in the open air on one of the six padded deck-chairs; they are so tranquil with the wake washing away into the distance... As it was a sea day, I was also escaping from probable crowding on the open decks; so yes it was worth it for me. Had it been crowded, as it was on the last day, for me it would have been poor value...

Dressing area...

EpicSpaLockerRoom-0187-15_zpsf439006a.jpg

Lockers and towels...

EpicSpaLockerRoomTowels-0178-9_zps18058404.jpg

Steam bath...

EpicSpaSteamBath-0189-16_zps8640bc9d.jpg