Vancouver Shuttle & Charter Service

cruising in

We are 4 seniors traveling with our grandchildren so to be honest hauling our luggage up the street etc. doesn't appeal. This charter allowed us to travel together on our own to the airport. So just looking for assurances as to the reputation of this company.

First & foremost, for 8 of you frankly shuttles are horrible value - it would be cheaper to take 2 cabs instead. Even if you hit rushhour traffic you'll be looking at no more than $40 per cab, usually $35 - so even with a tip, it's saving you money compared to shuttles at $12-15pp.

To actually answer your Q (sort of) - I haven't used VS&CS myself, but they are used by various hotels around the airport area for shuttling guests to the pier. Someone else asked about them a loooong time back, and I was able to verify that OSCK Inc (the company who trade as VS&CS) are licensed appropriately and have been for years, with no issues listed at Better Business Bureau. Which basically means nobody has actually *complained* about them to the BBB...

re: YVR49's info about Skytrain, fare to airport is $4pp (or $2.75 if weekend; for Concessions $2.75/$1.75 respectively as long as you are over 65 and kids are 5-13yrs old), not $5. There is no $5 Translink fare rate, I think perhaps you're confusing the Inbound-only AddFare which is $5.

If you can roll your own bags off the ship, you can roll them on and off Skytrain. The Canada Line rolling stock is specially designed for extensive luggage, with extra legroom so you can keep your suitcase right in front of you without having to lift anything onto racks. It works very well.

Edited by martincath
added Concession pricing

I have been using Vancouver Shuttle for several years and can highly recommend them.

However, with the amount of people you have in your group it would be very costly. I would recommend using a couple of taxi's as others have said. Or, you could order a van from one of the limo companies ahead of time.

I have not had the experience with Vancouver Shuttle & Charter Service other than to see their booth at Canada Place....so I could be very wrong but I am not sure that they offer a direct service to YVR....I suspect it may be a milk run. That aside with a party of 8 two cab at a cost of $35 each seems to make more sense to me.

I have not had the experience with Vancouver Shuttle & Charter Service other than to see their booth at Canada Place....so I could be very wrong but I am not sure that they offer a direct service to YVR....I suspect it may be a milk run. That aside with a party of 8 two cab at a cost of $35 each seems to make more sense to me.

I travel solo so it works very well for me. It is non-stop to the airport and people going to a Hotel are dropped off afterwards.

I also buy my ticket online ($14.00 senior) before I leave on my trip to avoid lines at the booth.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone heard of or used this company? We are a family of 8 cruising Alaska this July and looking for transportation from Canada Place Pier to the Vancouver Airport.

We did use there service this June. They had shuttles running all the time. Also $14. when you buy your senior tickets online. It was very easy..