Cruise after dry dock

xoxbear

How often are the upgrades not complete after a dry dock? I am looking at booking the first or second cruise after the Pride comes out of dry dock in November. Thanks.

I can't put a number on it, but incomplete upgrades are becoming very common it seems.

The same is true for a new ship, not everything is complete or ready for guests. I was on the inaugural voyage of the Freedom and was surprised at how many things were unfinished.

I wouldn't cruise on a new ship or a newly refurbished ship in the future. I would want it to be at least 4-6 weeks old.

How often are the upgrades not complete after a dry dock? I am looking at booking the first or second cruise after the Pride comes out of dry dock in November. Thanks.

I have November 30th booked on the Pride out of Tampa. I am not concerned in the least. I say....Book it Danno.:o:o:o

Make sure to visit the Alchemy...I know Raymond from the Freedom just got his assignment there...he is awesome.

Thank you for the tip Mel. I will make sure that we do. ;)

I also will come back and give a review of the Pride after the renovations and let everyone know all about it. There are hardly any reviews of the Pride.

Edited by susie8862
xxx

The very first cruise after dry dock can often be a crap shoot, not to mention the last one before it, when often there are supplies being stored on board, and other work already begins.

I'll never forget the 1994 debacle when the legendary QE2 came out of a major, major dry dock refit (think Destiny to Sunshine). Thankfully I was not on board, but it was a disaster for pax that made major headlines. Cunard paid out a lot of credits for that one!

It all depends on what is being done and the time allotted for it.