Regal Princess angled balconies-help me choose!

sp2

We are looking at sailing on Regal Princess in 2015. We would like to choose one of the regular balcony cabins with the larger angled balcony. We are looking at D424 or D425 in particular. Does anyone have any advice on choosing one or the other, or a better suggestion? We don't really want to pay the extra for a mini-suite. Are the balconies covered, partially covered or open on particular decks? I have seen threads where people have talked about their balcony being overlooked from the Sea Walk.

Any advice would be appreciated. We like covered or partially covered balconies. Also not sure about how windy these would be, or if there would be a better choice for less wind.

I think these are the same cabin numbers as the Royal Princess, so any experience you have, please share!:)

Just sailed in D409 on Regal's Maiden Cruise so here are my observations:

409 is a "Deluxe" Balcony versus a "standard" balcony like 424 and 425. I believe there are only a few differences. The deck plans say the deluxe is 11 sq ft larger than the standard (233 vs 222). The added space in the deluxe gets you a love seat that folds out into a single bed, but that causes you to lose the 3 drawers that would be on the side of the desk in the standard. Your call as to which is more valuable - the love seat or the added storage.

The balconies are covered and the "pointed" ones do have more space than a regular balcony.

People may be able to see some of your balcony from the sea-walk or the sea-view bar, but since Dolphin is so low, it won't be much. They CAN'T actually see into your cabin unless you're on the Marina and maybe Riviera decks.

The blue lights under the sea-walk and sea-view will NOT penetrate the cabin curtains when they're closed.

D409 was pointed aft so the wind wasn't bad when the ship was underway since the divider between 407 and 409 acted as a windblock. 424 and 425 face forward so while some might consider the view to be better, they may be subject to more wind while cruising.

There are no central stairs above deck 7 near those cabins, only elevators. You have to wait for the lifts or go forward or aft to use those stairs if desired.

Did you know that Emerald 125 and E130 also have extended balconies? These are "deluxe" balcony cabins but might be another option.

Hope this helps...

Edited by Av8tor

Do you know how much more square footage the angled balconies have than the regular balconies?

"Pointed" balconies are either 36 or 54 sq ft. I THINK the standard balcony size is 22 sq ft or there abouts...

We are looking at sailing on Regal Princess in 2015. We would like to choose one of the regular balcony cabins with the larger angled balcony. We are looking at D424 or D425 in particular.

I think these are the same cabin numbers as the Royal Princess, so any experience you have, please share!:)

Hi, We were in D424 on Royal Princess, and would choose it again! It holds 2 people, and has a marvelous balcony. Although there are elevators very close, there is not a public midship stairway on this deck (crew/emergency stairway only), but it didn't bother us. We had good response time on the elevator, and a few times walked to aft stairs instead for the exercise. Not an issue at all for us.

I heard from someone in D425 that they also liked their cabin, so if the lack of stairs don't bother you, either one would be a good choice.

Hope you enjoy the Regal.

Edited by slc22