Now here's a strange question re MDR Dream

There are two entrance to the MDR on the Dream - one at the front and one sort of back/middle. Is there a better one for service and seating? Thank you

Yes there are two entrances but I don't think it makes any difference in terms of queues or how quickly you get seated. It's just pot luck according to how many have chosen that entrance and timings as to whether you can walk more or less straight in.

One side is smaller than the other and we preferred that side as it was quieter due to the fact there were fewer people in it.

Sorry, I never quite got the hang of which stairs took you to which entrance, in fact one evening we thought all the waiters had changed around until we realized we'd gone in the other entrance. By that time we had almost finished our meal. :D

I have been on the Dream 4 times and still get confused over doors and seating spaces. Service is the same cause waiters are allocated the same number of tables no matter where they are. Perhaps food may be hotter the nearer you are to the kitchen - just kidding>

One side is smaller than the other and we preferred that side as it was quieter due to the fact there were fewer people in it.

Sorry, I never quite got the hang of which stairs took you to which entrance, in fact one evening we thought all the waiters had changed around until we realized we'd gone in the other entrance. By that time we had almost finished our meal. :D

I can visualise what you mean Little Nell - I think that the area outside the entrance to the 'smaller quieter area' (by staircase B?) actually has two entry points to the dining room, one into your preferred quiet area (good idea if you want to try to avoid the more congested main part of the restaurant) but also has a door into the main area too so another pitfall for the unwary! Plus there is a door to the main area accessed from a different forward staircase (A?). So quite confusing and we've often arrived wondering which door we're at and which way to turn once inside to go to our waiter's area! :eek: And since coming home I've managed to double book appointments twice :confused: I don't know that we can put too much store on my clarity of thoughts at the moment!!! :D:D

Edited by kruzseeka

Thank you everyone for replying to what I thought might be one of my silly questions! It's just that last time we were oN the Dream we met some lovely people who asked us to meet up with them on the last night - well we' waited and waited for them at the agreed time - only to realise after half an hour that we were at a different entrance!

We have used both entrances and don't think this makes any difference with regards to service.

I have only sat in the smaller part once and again nothing different other than quieter.

I can visualise what you mean Little Nell - I think that the area outside the entrance to the 'smaller quieter area' (by staircase B?) actually has two entry points to the dining room, one into your preferred quiet area (good idea if you want to try to avoid the more congested main part of the restaurant) but also has a door into the main area too so another pitfall for the unwary! Plus there is a door to the main area accessed from a different forward staircase (A?). So quite confusing and we've often arrived wondering which door we're at and which way to turn once inside to go to our waiter's area! :eek: And since coming home I've managed to double book appointments twice :confused: I don't know that we can put too much store on my clarity of thoughts at the moment!!! :D:D

It must be an age thing, Kruzseeka. Some days I am quite bewildered :D

I think we must have come down stairway A then the time we got lost because we usually entered from the area where you could go either way.

Agree Pressy, there is no difference other than the smaller end being quieter :)

Edited by Little Nell

I spent 2 weeks on Dream and still got lost! Which is the main entrance for the MDR or does it matter? We came down the staircase where the Destination Services office was as our cabin was near that. We preferred the quieter part of the restaurant and therefore had to walk all the way through the larger restaurant to get there. The cruise was nearly over when I discovered there was another entrance!

I wonder if it is an age thing.....that is remembering how to find your way about on a ship? When on Spirit (a small ship) with a 9 year old, he got his bearings straight away. Me....oh well, all that walking the wrong way to pick him up from the kids club must have got rid of some calories. :rolleyes:

Going back to the first question. Our experience was that we got better service in the small restaurant and it was much less noisier for anyone with hearing difficulties or wearing hearing aids. We rarely found that there was a queue to be seated at about 8.00pm

stairway a brings you to the rear entrance of the larger mdr, stairway b brings you to the main entrance(s) of both the larger and smaller mdr, the smaller mdr is nearer the kitchens (its the area most of the waiters want to be stationed) they sometimes close the smaller mdr if its not a busy night

There are two entrance to the MDR on the Dream - one at the front and one sort of back/middle. Is there a better one for service and seating? Thank you

Im sorry about this and i feel really thick but was is MDR !:o

I spent 2 weeks on Dream and still got lost! Which is the main entrance for the MDR or does it matter? We came down the staircase where the Destination Services office was as our cabin was near that. We preferred the quieter part of the restaurant and therefore had to walk all the way through the larger restaurant to get there. The cruise was nearly over when I discovered there was another entrance!

I wonder if it is an age thing.....that is remembering how to find your way about on a ship? When on Spirit (a small ship) with a 9 year old, he got his bearings straight away. Me....oh well, all that walking the wrong way to pick him up from the kids club must have got rid of some calories. :rolleyes:

Going back to the first question. Our experience was that we got better service in the small restaurant and it was much less noisier for anyone with hearing difficulties or wearing hearing aids. We rarely found that there was a queue to be seated at about 8.00pm

We never had to queue at all for the MDR and went early, late and in the middle and never had a problem. There always seemed to be enough seats for everyone who wanted them.