Shopping at Copenhagen Port???

scottam

Greetings,

We are sailing 8/13 on the Star Princess from the Orientkaj (Orient Quay) Pier in the Frihavn complex. I am wondering if there are any shopping opportunities at the pier area for things like beer, wine, water. We're trying to figure out if we can buy this right before boarding or if we need show up with these items already purchased. Thanks for any and all help!

We were on the 7/14 sailing of the Star. It docks a long way from everything. I can't remember seeing any kind of a store anywhere nearby. Across the train tracks there is a residential area and it's possible that there is a little store there, but we did not go into that area (not even sure if it is a "safe" neighborhood).

I believe that is where we docked the Century about 10 days ago. There were a few shops but VERY expensive; an individual plastic bottle of coke was 3 euros. Everything was expensive in Copenhagen but especially at dock. There were gift shops, an eatery, and a pub-like place there.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Now I know I'll need to arrive with whatever supplies we'll need. Knowing that is a big help. Jinmeycriket, our cruise sails on the 13th. Checked our docs just to be sure - you gave a little scare though. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I believe that is where we docked the Century about 10 days ago. There were a few shops but VERY expensive; an individual plastic bottle of coke was 3 euros. Everything was expensive in Copenhagen but especially at dock. There were gift shops, an eatery, and a pub-like place there.

That was Langelinje you were docked at ;)

There is NOTHING at Orientkaj..... Sorry

You should bring everything you need.

On behalf of Denmark and Copenhagen I apologize for that. It's not very tourist-friendly :(

Where we were docked in Copenhagen there were several shops and a redemption center for any VAT tax refunds. The shops were a bit expensive, but it was a great way to spend any remaining Kroons that you might have. We parked within a 5-minute walking distance from the Lil Mermaid, so that was our last stop before getting on the ship.

Where the Star Princess currently docks in Copenhagen there is no shopping area. The airport does have great shopping though ;)

Yes.. Copenhagen airport has been voted Europes best airport 5 years in a row :D

Here is all about shopping at the airport: http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/MAIN/Shopping/

Enjoy!

Archived