Free things to do in Cozumel?

JaimieDean23

You'll be at Puerta Maya. Get off the ship head down the dock through the Dufry store. Walk around the shopping area, then sit out on the little beach there and look at the ships. For $7-one way, the two of you can catch a taxi to downtown San Miguel and walk around the esplanade by the water and the Plaza and explore the small shops there to your hearts content, or until you reach your tolerance for people trying to get you to buy things.

For a little more in cost for the taxi ($10?one way) you can head for any number of beach resorts, many charge only a small nominal fee or are gratis on entry assuming you purchase some food and/or drink there. Loungers a plenty. Water sports costs extra.

If you want free, walk to town. It's about 2 miles, but there's a sidewalk all the way all along the waterfront. Stop along the way and walk down to the water. It's gorgeous in Cozumel. Swing into the Supermarket (Chedraui perhaps) and check out the different brands and types of food they have there. Hang out at the town square where you may see street vendors and performers....great place to people watch. Wander around town ducking in and out of the little shops. It's a great place to also grab something inexpensive to eat.

• 2 weeks later...

Go on a treasure hunt. My daughter and I go and get all the free stuff from the port shopping talks. Diamonds international will give you a free charm bracelet and if you go to other diamond international stores they will give u different charms for your bracelet. Del sol has free plastic rings that change color and my grand kids love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums