Dining room with 12

skipsmith

We are on the Magic in August and have 12 people in our group. We are signed up for Anytime Dining or Your Time dining...whatever they call it, when you do not have a set time for dinner.

Will there be a problem each night accommodating a group of 12 when we do not have a set dining time? We do want to sit together...

Thanks for any feedback.

Skip

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Forums mobile app

We are on the Magic in August and have 12 people in our group. We are signed up for Anytime Dining or Your Time dining...whatever they call it, when you do not have a set time for dinner.

Will there be a problem each night accommodating a group of 12 when we do not have a set dining time? We do want to sit together...

Thanks for any feedback.

Skip

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Forums mobile app

Yes, you will have problems. First, table for 12 is hard to get with

assigned seating and two, unless you go early, you will have a very long wait, so they can get all of you together. They usually will not seat you until all 12 are there. Good luck.

We were a group of 11, sailed on the Elation in January, with anytime dining. We did have to wait some nights but they were able to seat us with the wait staff we liked all but one night, but always at different table configurations. Going early or late helps. Ask them on the first day what they suggest. We have observed that on some cruises they have been very helpful and have accommodated large groups, others not so much. It really depends on the crew. On our January cruise we left a very nice tip at the end because of how well they treated us.

Did you all book together? If not, then let Carnival know that your are together, they can hook up your booking numbers. We had 20 minute waits for 6, 5 miinutes for 4, 0 for two. But why not just take an assigned time and not worry, and not have to wait. If you have little ones, 8 is awfully late, but if all adults then you can snack in the afternoon, and enjoy your late dinner without hassle.

I would never even think of doing Anytime with that large a party. If you would truly like to sit together and not be broken out amongst 2 or 3 tables you need to pick a traditional seeting time and make sure that all your reservations are linked together to get a table for 12. My family of 12 sailed in April and family members were not excited about a set dining time. Once we realized how special it was to all be together discussing our day it became a highlight of the cruise.

I would never try to seat 12 people together at ATD as they have on 10 people tables in the MDR. Getting all those courses out together is really slow. Maybe they can get you two tables for 6 but prob might not be close to each other. Dennis

It can be done.

Contact your Travel agent or PVP if you have one and ask them to link you all together for purposes of dining. They will need each person Booking/Confirmation number to do so.

Try to arrive as early as possible to dinner so that you do not have long wait times.

Also consider splitting up into 2 tables.

We did that on nights where there was a slight wait. We were always able to get 2 tables next to each other during those times

I would never try to seat 12 people together at ATD as they have on 10 people tables in the MDR. Getting all those courses out together is really slow. Maybe they can get you two tables for 6 but prob might not be close to each other. Dennis

Agreed, 10 person tables are pretty cramped already.

We had 14 on our first cruise on the Dream and ten on our second on the Conquest. Sometimes we had to wait, and usually we had two large tables side by side. It was fairly easy to talk to the kids at the other table, but we were not all at one huge table for the most part.

The only time we had a real wait, about 25 minutes, was elegant night. For the most part we only waited 5 or ten minutes. You do all need to be there, and ready to sit down, but it can be done and truth be told, it wasn't that big a deal.

On family cruises we book your time dinning. We try to do breakfast together and discuss our days plans. When you are dealing with ages 2 to 80 it is sometimes difficulty be so regimented, especially on vacation. Usually hubby, mom and I pick a time to have evening meal and then just let everyone else know. "We are eating at (insert hour) if you would like to join us." Sometimes everyone show up other times it is just the three of us. That is why we like your time.

We have 16 of us going on this years cruise. I emailed the maître d and asked if there was anything he could do. He replied almost immediately and said yes, please be there at 5:45 and he would accomodate us. We have anytime dining.