December Triumph

Riley's Mom

Taking a 5 night cruise in December. We have never cruised in December before.

I'm wondering what the weather will be like in Cozumel? Is it typically very warm?

What about the water? Lots of choppy waves?

Thank you for your replies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As others said Galveston weather is unpredictable but since you asked about Cozumel I can say temps should be in the lower 80s and the water will cool but bearable.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to tell what is authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

We cruised in December in 2008 and everywhere we went (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel) was very hot. We went to the Mayan ruins at Tulum for our Cozumel excursion and it was so hot there I was almost sick. But you never know. Bring some clothes you can layer.

I've done this cruise twice in December, 2005 & 2012. 2012 was totally perfect. Great swimming weather while on the ship & especially in Cozumel. Galveston weather was nice. 2005 was cool in Galveston, plus days 1 & 5 of the cruise were cool; only the brave kids were in the water. But Cozumel was nice & warm. Cozumel seems to stay nice, but as others said, Galveston could be hot, warm, cool, or snowing.

You people do realize the OP was asking about Cozumel and not Texas right?

Plus the OP is in San Antonio, so, I'm guessing she has a pretty good idea of what Texas weather is like in Dec. :roll eyes:

OP..Cozumel will be fine. I went diving down there a few years ago and it was nice and warm. :D

Edited by TruckerDave

We were on that cruise last December 7. It was very hot everyday except the last day when we were getting closer to Texas- bad wind & rain. While we where in port it was very very hot, beach was great not choppy at all.

We've been in Cozumel twice - November and January. The weather was pretty close to perfect. Somewhere between 72 and 78 degrees, a bit of wind. One of our stays the wind did pick up a bit in the afternoon and made the waves a bit too choppy for snorkeling, but it wasn't bad at all.

If you're looking for specifics, you can always look up historical weather data at Weather Underground or Accuweather.

Thank you all for the replies.

Yes I know all about this crazy changing Texas weather! Lol

I'm so glad to hear that the weather in Cozumel is warm in December.

This is our first time cruising in December.

Sent from my iPad using Forums