disabled passenger query

Has anyone who is wheelchair bound cruised with Thomson. My sister has cerebral palsy and requires a carer. I think she would love a family holiday on board. What are the adapted cabins like. How would we get from the airport to the ship. Any information gratefully received. Thank you

pazor - are you on facebook? There are some people on there that are in a wheelchair.

I have seen people in wheelchairs on Thomson ships. I think there is someone at Thomson who deals with disability. Joe Holiday was asking about this a while ago, he will know who you need to get in touch with. I know he found them very helpful.

Sorry, can't be more help :o

We are going on the dream in august with a wheelchair user, will post pictures of the cabin when we get back. AFAIK they are slightly bigger cabins and don't have the step into the bathroom, they have a seat in the shower.

Thomson's welfare team are great, the phone number is on this page

http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/life-onboard/special-assistance.html

They are really helpful and will book airport assistance at both ends for you along with the most suitable seats. You need to phone them before you book as they will tell you if there are any adapted cabins available, and let the ship know there is a wheelchair user coming onboard, they only allow a certain number on any one cruise.

If you need a taxi instead of the coach they should be able to arrange that for you, bear in mind a taxi at palma or Corfu will not be too dear, but it's a long way from airport to the port in Turkey so will be expensive.

We have seen loads of people with carers on cruises, it's a really good environment for a holiday and the staff look after you so much, nothing is too much trouble for them.

I will know more after our cruise and will feedback then.

Hth

Joe

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

Edited by joeholiday2

Yes please HT. Would love to show MIL. She has cabin 1002 booked.

I have just asked over on FB for pictures so there may be some pop up there too.

The best way to get pictures on here is to use:

http://tinypic.com/

Resize to message board size, upload and copy and paste the code they give you.

Would really appreciate it :)

Yes please HT. Would love to show MIL. She has cabin 1002 booked.

:)

Been in 1002 and 9020 also for a look around on the one day ship visit we did in June 2011 - these two cabins are the same layout but bigger than the one in the photos. The photos are 9037 which is the same as 1019 but as I said it is smaller than 1002. The ensuites are similar sized in all 4 from memory.

807169082_AdaptedCabin001.jpg.8a619f85bd2a92f0721bc910ce4c7ecf.jpg

1505331875_AdaptedCabin002.jpg.0237d4636a452c83a34282608e5a4ab5.jpg

1998346147_AdaptedCabin003.jpg.1f3e1e298e34d9828cc9de1bdcd3ea91.jpg

1168467666_AdaptedCabin004.jpg.5362153f3951939f3208c0be30033644.jpg