Ocean Princess-RT/TAHITI

CraigRDR1

Who has taken this cruise recently? Ocean Princess condition? I have sailed on her sister ship the Pacific, id assume they are similar. Any info on the ports of call would be great... both positive/negative.

thanks!

We just go off a 61 day cruise on the Ocean. We've now booked a 65 day cruise on the Ocean (same cabin) in January of 2016. Loved the ship, loved the cabin. Didn't notice any neglected maintenance issues. She performed flawlessly over our 61 days.

Rumors are both the OP and PP are up for sale. I sure hope it's after 2016. These are great little ships!

We just go off a 61 day cruise on the Ocean. We've now booked a 65 day cruise on the Ocean (same cabin) in January of 2016. Loved the ship, loved the cabin. Didn't notice any neglected maintenance issues. She performed flawlessly over our 61 days.

Rumors are both the OP and PP are up for sale. I sure hope it's after 2016. These are great little ships!

Rumors are just that Rumors.

Oh gosh I hope they don't sell them, they ae marvelousness ships. What will they use for this market .

This cruise is a port intensive cruise so not too many sea days. But having sai that we never felt rushed

We are going back to do the 10 day again but this time incorporating nuku hiva

Please do I'm sure you'll love it and won't be disappointed .

I am sure you will get more information on the ports by scrolling through the threads on ports of call in the pacific

I am sorry I couldn't give you the best ports we loved them all , best tour was the ille de Recif reef tour in rangoria and the full day 4wd/snorkeling / lunch on the overwater picnic tables in bora bora

Hope the above helps

Who has taken this cruise recently? Ocean Princess condition? I have sailed on her sister ship the Pacific, id assume they are similar. Any info on the ports of call would be great... both positive/negative.

thanks!

French Polynesia is our favorite cruise. We have sailed on the Tahitian/Ocean Princess 3 times now:

2004 - which included the Cook Islands

2007 - which included the Marquesas, Niku Hiva and Hiva Oa

2013 - which included Rangiroa (the snorkel capital of the world imo).

There are links to pictures of all of these cruises in my signature. French Polynesia has unspoiled beauty which is why we keep returning. And while the ship has aged slightly, it is still in better condition than the Grand that I was on in April. Also, the balcony cabins include a sofa and the mini-suites are larger than on the Grand Class ships.

Rumors are just that Rumors.

Yes, until there are facts, they are rumors. It is likely to be true that ships, like food, have a "Sell By" date. That date can vary on a multitude of factors.

To use one of Pam's favorite phrases, "Follow The Money". If maintenance and operating costs begin rise to the point where they don't make enough money, out they go. Even if there's a small profit, if there's a bigger profit to be made with the money raised by selling the asset, the asset gets sold.

I fervently hope that when the clock runs out for the OP and PP, Princess will find it useful to field a variety of ship types which includes the smaller ones. Maybe with Seabourn buying more ships, Princess would find it viable to purchase in that size range, customized of course to the Princess experience. Utilizing the same hull and basic maritime systems could be effective.

We sailed on her when she was the Tahitian, so I cannot comment on current condition, but we loved her!

As for ports / excursions, and if they're still around:

Marc's Motu Picnic on Huahine!

Bruno's l’excursion bleu on Ra'iātea!

Tupuna Moutain Safari (booked through Princess) on Bora Bora!

Matira Jet Ski Tours on Bora Bora (including lunch on a private motu)!

Some of the best excursions in all our travels. You can read my entire (older) review here.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=41340

Time to go back.