Sail Away Pkg at Holiday Inn Port of Miami?

mathgal

I've booked two rooms (at $99 per room) at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami for next Saturday night (the 13th) prior to our cruise on the Victory. I am looking for first hand information from someone who has stayed at the Holiday Inn using their "Sail Away Package". From the website:

Pckge incl. cont’l bkfst for 2, upgrade to Bayview Rm, free local calls/baggage storage and a choice of (1) Bayside option: Island Queen "Millionaire's Row" sightseeing cruise for 2 OR 2 drinks at Let's Make a Daiquiri

I had read a review on TripAdvisor about someone who booked the package and then was given expired coupons for the sightseeing cruise...just curious what other's experiences were.

The following is also noted:

Sail Away Package Terms & Conditions:

Bayview room based upon availability. Based on double occupancy. Third and fourth person, pays $15.00 each (available Sat 1 Jan 2005 through Tue 27 Dec 2005 )

When I booked I was assured that the room cost was the same even though we have 3 people in one room and 4 in the other. I have called the hotel three times and still am not sure about this extra $15 charge. I thought perhaps that it would allow the other people in the room to get the sightseeing cruise & breakfast, but the receptionist I talked to said "no...only two people get the cruise and breakfast."

Each time I've called I've spoken to receptionists that have had VERY heavy accents and were difficult to understand. I'm just trying to figure out what this is going to cost us and who is included on the package!!

Here is an e-mail address that may get a better response, or at least one you can understand:

lzelaya@soundhospitality.com

We were thinking of booking that hotel for next June and I am curious how you got the "Sail Away Package", I didn't see that on their website.

Thanks and have a great cruise, the Victory is a great ship!

John

I also saw this on their website. It is under the "packages" tab but is apparently only good through Dec. 2005. We are sailing Feb. 06. I have e-mailed this hotel with no response at all. That was about 3 weeks ago. It is a great deal if it is available for next year and the hotel is okay.

Please keep us posted on how the hotel is and what you received for your money.

I also saw this on their website. It is under the "packages" tab but is apparently only good through Dec. 2005. We are sailing Feb. 06. I have e-mailed this hotel with no response at all. That was about 3 weeks ago. It is a great deal if it is available for next year and the hotel is okay........

I sent an e-mail to the address I posted earlier and just got a reply saying

"Our Sail Away Package has not been finalized for 2006. Please check back by calling 1-800-XXX-XXXX for the 2006 status."

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post that phone # but if you need it you can e-mail me.

jmiller981@aol.com

Archived