Grand Princess laundry question

lrm

Most people seem to recommend the "all-in-one" things that include detergent and fabric softener. Since I'm allergic to all fabric softeners and most detergents we definitely bring our own! My wife takes "gel pods" of the detergent she uses. She packs them inside a ziplock bag "just in case" but hasn't had any problems with them breaking or leaking.

(Don't even get me started on the evils of dryer sheets!)

I thought about using the gel pods--but found a travel size bottle of my detergent--and since we won't have to fly this time -- I will use that. I am not sure what to do about the softener....I have always used a liquid and I am not a fan of the dryer sheets!

I thought about using the gel pods--but found a travel size bottle of my detergent--and since we won't have to fly this time -- I will use that. I am not sure what to do about the softener....I have always used a liquid and I am not a fan of the dryer sheets!

I survived a long time before they came up with "fabric softener". I don't see it as a necessary thing...

I do recommend you break down and acquire a small quantity of dryer sheets for your cruise. I had to change my -one and only - detergent brand for cruising. I now use the Purex all in one sheets for cruises when we have to fly. Just use half a softener sheet in the dryer....get unscented ones.

When is the best time to use them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If it is on an Alaskan cruise, the ship will tell you when they are open as there are times when in the passages and ports they will be closed.

On winter cruises to warmer climates, I will do a load at prime sun time outside. People are busy sunning and eating lunch. I've never had a problem getting a mating or two.

When doing Alaska, we did the land part first for a week, so as soon as our suitcases were delivered to our rooms, we headed to the machines to get clothes cleaned.

I've never done just a week in Alaska, will get that opportunity in late summer, so don't know if there seems to be a better time over others.

I do recommend you break down and acquire a small quantity of dryer sheets for your cruise. I had to change my -one and only - detergent brand for cruising. I now use the Purex all in one sheets for cruises when we have to fly. Just use half a softener sheet in the dryer....get unscented ones.

Thanks for the info! I will buy a small box of the unscented softener sheets and will first try the half sheet idea at home.

Do the Purex all in one sheets also have softener in them?

• 6 months later...