Carnival's fly aweigh program

We are doing the Caribbean next Feb and was thinking of using their fly program. Has anyone used this or are we better to do our own air. We live in western Canada. So would probably have to fly in the day before cruise. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I always book my own airfare for a cruise. What you should do is compare Carnival air with normal carriers. I think you will find the normal carriers cheaper. Not sure if Carnival uses the normal carriers or is a charter.

And yes, you should always plan on flying in the day before. Granted, you will have to pay for one night at a hotel. But, at least you have an extra day in case something happens. Wife/I actually changed our flight to fly in an extra day since the day we were supposed to fly they were predicting a big storm... It happened. Caused major issues with having to rebook flights. My wife (and I) were glad to pay the $200 extra to switch and avoid the storm.

Steve

I have used it 7 times and went well even in bad situations.

just double check with with the Carnival Rep on airfares and the info on the website about the Fly Aweigh program just enter fly aweigh in the FAQ. in the FAQ it says West of Rockies (I am assuming since you are BC and is Pacific Time) there is a chance you might be flown in early with an overnight at the departure port and accommodations provided by Carnival.

more info can be found at http://www.carnival.com/legal/fly-aweigh.ashx

although i do recommend doing your own air since you can have better control of airline and flight times and possibly getting a lower fare that what carnival offers.

Edited by Gizmo88

I would also suggest booking your own flights - that way you will be able to control the times and pick a flight with the shortest flight times (vs possible multiple connections).

It's always a good idea to fly in the day before, no matter where you live! You can often pick up a cheap airport hotel on Hotwire or Priceline if you're not too choosy.

Do you live close enough to drive across the border and pick up a US flight on Southwest? With great prices and 2 free bags, it's often worth the hassle to go to a further airport.

We live in Toronto so close to the airport that we see the planes fly overhead, and yet most of the time drive to Buffalo and fly out of there.

Good luck!

Jenn :)

I have used it 7 times and went well even in bad situations.

just double check with with the Carnival Rep on airfares and the info on the website about the Fly Aweigh program just enter fly aweigh in the FAQ. in the FAQ it says West of Rockies (I am assuming since you are BC and is Pacific Time) there is a chance you might be flown in early with an overnight at the departure port and accommodations provided by Carnival.

more info can be found at http://www.carnival.com/legal/fly-aweigh.ashx

although i do recommend doing your own air since you can have better control of airline and flight times and possibly getting a lower fare that what carnival offers.

a little fix to my post, you are WEST of Rockies. so yea there might be an overnight. If there is an overnight remember to take get a receipt to as proof if an allowance is given such as meals.

Also doing the program it can be with any air carrier. could be Air Canada, Delta, WestJet or a mix of one airline one direction and another heading back.