Comments re: Independence of the Seas

This is how much I "disliked" Indy. We had been on ten other cruises on four different mainstream lines. Our first RCCL cruise was on the last 8-day sailing before she went across the pond. We have already booked two more cruises on the Navigator in August and the Adventure next May

Comparing Indy to the ships that we've sailed on CCL, NCL, and Princess, there is nothing that I thought deserved even a fair rating...everything good and above. (Well, the comedians were bad IMO, but the rest of the entertainment was very good.)

I have read some of those bad reviews as well. Some of them were on the same sailing that I was on and I think we must have been on different ships. I would cruise her again in a heartbeat.

Got off on Saturday 2 weeks round the Italian med and I can't fault it ! Loved the ship , food, people the lot! Constantly cleaning , staff were wonderful , lots of kid friendly and adult only places , wonderful!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were also on the same cruise and thoroughly enjoyed it. As this was our first cruise we cannot compare with other ships, but it was clear that the crew take pride in their workplace. On one occasion I spilt a coffee down on the Royal Promenade. Went and found a crewmember and apologised. He said not a problem sir, leave it to me, and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

On the subject of complaining, there was a delay getting off in Lisbon because of the tide. One guy decided to have a pop at the steward/crowd marshall who was doing his best. Everyone told him he was having a laugh. When he threatened to make a complaint against the crewmember, asking for his name everyone else burst into "always look on the bright side of life doo doo doo.........

Thank you so much to every one who posted positive comments about the Independence. Having only 3 Allure cruises and 1 Oasis cruise as our recent cruise experiences, I was already a little hesitant to book the Indy. Then I began to ready several bad reviews. But as I read the comments, I realized most of the complaints were things that normally wouldn't even make my radar or could easily be found on ANY ship. I now feel quite certain we will have a wonderful cruise (just on a slightly smaller ship...LOL.)