Help! I misunderstood which cabin we booked.

sragu01

Hello all, I am hoping you can reassure me. When booking our cruise for this Saturday on the Glory, I told the person on the phone I wanted 2 cabins close together for my husband, myself and our 2 teens (19 and 15). She said she had 2 side by side xx87 and xx91. Ok, great, booked it and didn't give it another thought. Today, while printing luggage tags, I noticed the cabins are NOT side by side but quite a distance away (x287 and x391). Since our kids are older, this is fine with us as they are responsible kids who travel and cruise frequently. BUT, will Carnival have a problem with us adjusting room keys to put them in a cabin that far from us since my husband is officially booked in one cabin and I am officially booked in the other. We have always been right next door to the kids. I don't want any surprises or problems during our vacation and feel bad that I did not notice this earlier. Thanks for any help, k

Edited by sragu01

Hello all, I am hoping you can reassure me. When booking our cruise for this Saturday on the Glory, I told the person on the phone I wanted 2 cabins close together for my husband, myself and our 2 teens (19 and 15). She said she had 2 side by side xx87 and xx91. Ok, great, booked it and didn't give it another thought. Today, while printing luggage tags, I noticed the cabins are NOT side by side but quite a distance away (x287 and x391). Since our kids are older, this is fine with us as they are responsible kids who travel and cruise frequently. BUT, will Carnival have a problem with us adjusting room keys to put them in a cabin that far from us since my husband is officially booked in one cabin and I am officially booked in the other. We have always been right next door to the kids. I don't want any surprises or problems during our vacation and feel bad that I did not notice this earlier. Thanks for any help, k

Nope. You shouldn't have any problems with getting room keys sorted out when onboard.

You should be able to get the room keys without a problem, but odd that the conversation you had with the rep turned out that way with rooms so far apart when she told you she had side by side rooms available. Strange!

you can also get a card for the room that is just a key, not a sign and sail. This is what I did when our kids had their own room. Back up plan in case they won't let you switch so far away. But I am positive you won't have any problems switching rooms.

You won't have an issue getting the extra room keys.

Are you sure they are a far distance away? Sometimes the numbering can get hinky and they are actually close together. I was surprised to find that 6262 and 6333 were right next to each other while 6255 is a fair bit down the hallway on the Pride.

You won't have a problem getting an extra key for each cabin and switching roommates. Not sure what deck you are on, but you are about 20 cabins away from each other.

I would talk to them about safety, how to get in touch with us, etc. I do this with my teens before each cruise anyway. We also make sure we know where each of our muster stations are.

Only issue that I have when my kids are that far away is that they are in a different muster station. We go to the one assigned to our original cabin (me and DD1, hubby and DD2).

We always have scheduled meetup times (11:30a at library, 3:00p tea time), and decide a time to meet at one of the cabins to be ready to go to dinner. We also have a curfew (sometimes it won't be until 1a), and I check to make sure they are in the cabin.

Thank you so much for all of the advice. I did call Carnival. He was very apologetic but said that the ship is basically sold out so there are no cabins closer together. I even offered to pay for a more expensive cabin if we could get closer but no availability. He said maybe there will be cancellations and to inquire once we get on board. I am fine with the cabins being where they are as long as Carnival is fine with the teens being in one cabin and parents in another even though it was booked differently and the kids are several cabins away. Thanks again for the reassurances.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Thank you so much for all of the advice. I did call Carnival. He was very apologetic but said that the ship is basically sold out so there are no cabins closer together. I even offered to pay for a more expensive cabin if we could get closer but no availability. He said maybe there will be cancellations and to inquire once we get on board. I am fine with the cabins being where they are as long as Carnival is fine with the teens being in one cabin and parents in another even though it was booked differently and the kids are several cabins away. Thanks again for the reassurances.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I'm so glad this didn't happen to someone with much younger children. You and hubby would definitely have to sleep apart for the duration of the cruise.