Hot tub hours on the Breeze

I was wondering if anyone knew how late the hot tubs are open on the Breeze. I am sailing it in September and I often like to take a late night dip to relax after dinner and before bed. I know the usual closing time on most carnival ships is or was midnight but on my last ecstasy sailing it was 200 am. That is the first time I have experienced that in 11 cruises on carnival and I was wondering if they were moving that later time to all the ships or not. I have to say a lot of people were happy with the decision to keep the hot tubs open later also.

I'm going in september on the breeze too. I hope it's at least 2am. I just finished putting a hot tub in the back yard, needed it for my back, but the wife and I like sitting out there at night watching the stars, and tend to lose track of time.

I'm going in september on the breeze too. I hope it's at least 2am. I just finished putting a hot tub in the back yard, needed it for my back, but the wife and I like sitting out there at night watching the stars, and tend to lose track of time.

I love the hot tubs, they are great for my feet and it is fun to sit in there and make conversations with new friends at any hour. Not sure how lido is set up on the Breeze but on the smaller and medium sized ships it is awesome to hang out in the hot tubs during the midnight deck parties. I'm not a big dancer so that's a way to sort of participate in the festivities without having to go on the dance floor lol. I know they use overnight hours to clean and disinfect the pools and hot tubs but doing it between 0200 and 0800 is still plenty of time I would think.

And yes, it is nice to sit on lido or serenity and gaze up at the stars while you're on the open seas. I can't do that too well at home because of the bright lights from the nearby big city but I know what you mean.

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

You mean the pee tubs.

They are heavily chlorinated and treated with chemicals. I would never put my head underwater in the hot tubs or the pools. I've never gotten sick from a carnival hot tub so its not a huge worry I have.

Apparently you don't know or care what time they close however, which was the original point of this thread.

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

I was wondering if anyone knew how late the hot tubs are open on the Breeze. I am sailing it in September and I often like to take a late night dip to relax after dinner and before bed. I know the usual closing time on most carnival ships is or was midnight but on my last ecstasy sailing it was 200 am. That is the first time I have experienced that in 11 cruises on carnival and I was wondering if they were moving that later time to all the ships or not. I have to say a lot of people were happy with the decision to keep the hot tubs open later also.

When's your cruise? We are going in September as well. We set sail on the 21st and are heading to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

Pbsteve is on my sailing too.

I really hope the hot tubs are open late. This will be mine and DH 2nd cruise and we never even made it into the pool or the hot tubs last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You mean the pee tubs.

no... my ool has no P in it. besides, urine is sterile, I'd be more worried about the athletes foot and other um... things in the main pool, which is just sea water pumped in

Edited by pbsteve

When's your cruise? We are going in September as well. We set sail on the 21st and are heading to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

Pbsteve is on my sailing too.

I really hope the hot tubs are open late. This will be mine and DH 2nd cruise and we never even made it into the pool or the hot tubs last time.

I am doing the southern sailing the following week to Aruba, grand Turk, Curacao, La Romana on the 27th. It sounds like a once in a lifetime itinerary on an absolutely stunning ship. I really can't wait. I am most definitely a night owl so hot tubs being open after all the evening activities would really be a nice bonus. Have fun on your cruise. I plan on posting a review of mine when I get back.

I am doing the southern sailing the following week to Aruba, grand Turk, Curacao, La Romana on the 27th. It sounds like a once in a lifetime itinerary on an absolutely stunning ship. I really can't wait. I am most definitely a night owl so hot tubs being open after all the evening activities would really be a nice bonus. Have fun on your cruise. I plan on posting a review of mine when I get back.

Well I hope you have an amazing time! That itinerary does sound great. I just hope the hot tub is actually hot. I've read quite a few reviews complaining about the temp of the water not being hot enough.

I'm going to subscribe this thread and if I remember to, I will update this when we get back in to Miami and let you know how late they were open and how the water temp was.

I wonder if they kick you out of the tubs at night, or just wait for you to get out... get in just before they close it, and stay there till 3am:D

Maintenance personnel do kick you out but not always right at closing time. Sometimes they give you a few extra minutes in there if the tub is crowded and people are having a good time. They drain the pools, disinfect them and put a net over them and the hot tubs or rope off the entrance, depending on the type of tub.

FlyingCruiser - I'm on the same cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nice Rob! Looking forward to the cruise. Less than three months to go now. Gotta check out the roll call to see what other cruise critic people will also be there.

Well I hope you have an amazing time! That itinerary does sound great. I just hope the hot tub is actually hot. I've read quite a few reviews complaining about the temp of the water not being hot enough.

I'm going to subscribe this thread and if I remember to, I will update this when we get back in to Miami and let you know how late they were open and how the water temp was.

I chose the southern not just because it was 8 days but because of the itinerary. I had been to the eastern islands a few times already so I wanted to try something new out. It costs a little more to do that trip but it looks as if it will be well worth it.

Most of the time they keep the temps lukewarm to sort of hot, rarely are the tubs very hot. But it is the Caribbean after all and they don't want to be liable for people getting sick and hurt in their facilities if they make them too hot I guess. Who knows if the breeze is any different though.

Just went and checked my FUNTIMES for the Breeze.......

Tides Whirlpool(rear of ship) open til midnight

Lanai Whirlpool open til 8:00pm

Serenity Whirlpool open til 11:00pm

This is from August but we leave on her in 12 days :) so will see if those have changed and let you know.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just went and checked my FUNTIMES for the Breeze.......

Tides Whirlpool(rear of ship) open til midnight

Lanai Whirlpool open til 8:00pm

Serenity Whirlpool open til 11:00pm

This is from August but we leave on her in 12 days :) so will see if those have changed and let you know.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks!

Also, something to remember for everyone is that hot tubs should not be over 104 degrees. Keep in mind that the air temperature in the upper 90s on many days, and the difference between water and air is only a few degrees. I thought my tub was set wrong a few times on very hot days (again, mine is for back problems, so I use it even if its hot out) but the thermometer still said 104. I may bring a thermometer with us just to find out, not because I care that much, but it would be interesting to see if the tubs are indeed set to 104 (or close to it) and we just think its not set right.