How great is the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast?

Once Upon A Time

We are thinking of booking the "Ultimate Balcony Breakfast" on an upcoming Sapphire cruise. Has anyone done this? How great was it?

As MaryPoppinz said the balcony breakfast is VERY generous...TONS of food.

That said, DH and I LOVED it during our transit of the Gatun locks in Panama Canal on the Coral. Check out our photos of the Coral to see just how much food is served. It was yummy.;)

Thanks for the input... It looks like alot of fruit and pastries/muffins/etc. Can you order something like eggs benedict or is it a preplanned menu?

On the Coral it was a pre-set menu.

As Follows:

Warm Basket of Homemade Pastries

Delicate Smoked Copper River Salmon with Lingonberry Cream Cheese and Toasted Lemon Brioche

Fresh Wild Forrest Berries

Alaskan King Crab Quiche with Tomato and Fontina Cheese Gratin

Half Bottle of French Champagne

We had this last October on the Dawn - 10 day Southern Caribbean.

For the $25 for two, it's a great deal.

1/2 bottle of champagne

huge basket of assorted pastries

crab leg appetizer (2-3 big legs each) (X2)

quiche and some other stuff [fancy potatoes, greens] for main (X2)

huge assorted/sliced fruits plate (X2)

I have to say, there was far too much food!

We had it on my birthday - it was a perfect way to start the day :)

ps - this topic is discussed in more detail here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=143172

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=36186

DH and I enjoyed this on the morning in port at Costa Maya when we had no intentions of disembarking. This repast is really more like a lavish brunch, and we ordered it for 10:00. The meal was exquisitely presented and everything delicious, but it was way too much food for us. We didn't even touch the pastry tray but kept it in our stateroom for snacking.

Ultimate Balcony Breakfast is definitely worth the expense and a truly special dining experience on a day at sea or when you're not leaving the ship right away when in port.

Bon Appetit! and Bon Voyage!

Chris

That's a great suggestion to order it for a brunch! Another great suggestion above to share it with another couple!

If I recall, there were probably close to 20 pastries. They were tiny, but honestly, who needs 10 pastries of *any* size?? The pastries were really cute, but we couldn't come close to eating them all.

The berry mix we had was out of this world! We did manage to eat all of the berries. I can eat my cruise fare in fruit (mostly, pineapple, but any fruit will do!) every trip, anyway. :)

Is there any substitute for the seafood items if there is someone who doesn't like seafood or is allergic?

Just wondering :)

Nicole,

I don't think so. I'm not a seafood eater so DH took care of that while I ate the berries and pastries! ;)

We also carry extra ziplock bags which came in very handy...we had little pastries all week!!! :D

I've pre-ordered the balcony breakfast as a surprise for my husband for our cruise on the Caribbean Princess next month. How do you go about actually setting up the time and day. Do I call someone when we board the ship? The order form didn't ask those questions.

I also plan on booking the ultimate balcony dinner, but I know we have to wait to board to do that.

Call Room Service for any questions about this. If it's a surprise, you probably will want to make this call early in the cruise, so that you pre-empt a call from Room Service to your husband.

But....I believe they only do this once during the week, and everyone has it the same morning. It will be on one of the sea days. You'll only choose the time you want it delivered.

Archived