Paying an additional 15% service charge

DTL

Hi,

We tried to prebook Allegrisimo package through Croatian MSC web site, but it didn't work because some "higher reasons known only to MSC web site administrator" (topic very well known). We can book parking and excursions, but not drinks packages.

So, if we book Allegrissimo on-board we have to pay an additional 15% service charge. Does it means 15% for each drink, or 15% on top for whole package?

Example: 2 adults x 23€ + 1 child x 12€ = 58€ per day x 7 days = 406€ + 15% = 466.9€ total - for whole package.

It's imoportant for us, because of MSC Club points.

Hi,

We tried to prebook Allegrisimo package through Croatian MSC web site, but it didn't work because some "higher reasons known only to MSC web site administrator" (topic very well known). We can book parking and excursions, but not drinks packages.

So, if we book Allegrissimo on-board we have to pay an additional 15% service charge. Does it means 15% for each drink, or 15% on top for whole package?

Example: 2 adults x 23€ + 1 child x 12€ = 58€ per day x 7 days = 406€ + 15% = 466.9€ total - for whole package.

It's 15% of the cost of the package not 15% on each purchase

Pete

Hi,

On the UK MSC web site there are TWO place where you can book drinks packages via the tabs just below the black banner at the top of the home page

tabs.jpg

1):- the "On Board Services" tab (6th tab from the left (of 13 tabs))

2):- the "Booked " (8th tab from the left (of 13 tabs))

Are there equivalent access tabs on the Croatian site.?

Pete

Edited by Skier52

First of all, thanks for very quick response! :)

We booked MSC Sinfonia cruise on 21 July 2014. Not very impressive itinerary, but we are on holidays, and we never was in that part of Mediterranean. We want to enjoy.

On our last two cruises with MSC we booked Allegrissimo and Allegrissimo Premium (just to compare), but always through TA, and we never got MSC Club points (and we are Gold Members, both of us). My mistake :( (but I think that wasn't option two years ago - online booking, and paying on-board to get MSC Club points)

But now we want to maximize our results regarding MSC Club points (I'm so close to Black Card)

So I tried to book online.

Through Croatian web site I can prebook parking, newspapers, shore excursions but not drinks and not spa packages. Very strange!

We contacted Croatian MSC representative, they called Italy, and answer was simple: ".. for your market that is not available option". Only 200€ spent onboard = 1 point. is good option for MSC!

But... we have 300€ onboard credit (voucher from last cruise) and we want to spent it in some proper manner.

As I understand all posts concerning Allegrissimo, the only obvious way to get points in our case, is to book package on embarkation day. With 15% service charge.

But, because we are speaking about MSC, the dark cloud suddenly came over me - "would they charge 15% for each drink" :eek:. That was the reason for my question.

Yes it's almost the same on Croatian web site, but as I described, it didn't work. And, I can't book through UK (or Italy, US or Germany) web site because booking number is connected with market! (I'm getting "wrong booking number"mistake, over and over again).

Thanks again,

to both of you

Edited by DTL

Pete ... Tried to book Allegrissimo using both options you pointed out over a week ago and neither works! contacted MSC who told me they are not bookable online and to go via my travel agent.

I get the feeling MSC are trying to stop people gaining by saving the 15% saved by booking online and also stopping them getting points for onboard spend, maybe yet another idea of GH ?

Nor do they seem to know the actual cost of the package and you only have to look at the website to see that it contradicts itself showing £20 and £22!

Another case of Left hand / Right hand ... :mad:

DTL, you may be pleasantly surprised with your cruise. I did that itinerary last summer (on the Orchestra) because it wasn't the usual Med itinerary. I absolutely loved it particularly Cannes, Ibiza and Mahon. The SInfonia is an older smaller ship but still very nice. The thermal area is the best in the fleet (along with the Armonia).

Enjoy!

Edited by AmoMondo

I just saw your answer!

Very Excited WAUUUUUUU! This is great! Thanks!

May I ask you for a few minutes of your time?

So my question is what is your recommendation for shore excursions:

1. Cannes (Tender 08:00 -16:00) - Nica & Eze or Montecarlo & Monaco (Ship tour)?

2. Ibiza (Docked overnight) - Island Tour or Unknown Ibiza or A Trip to Fromentera (Ship Tours)?

http://www.msccruises.ie/ie_en/Cruise-Departures/Cruise-Itinerary-MSC-Sinfonia-Rates.aspx?cruise_id=SI20140721GOAGOA&ship_code=SI&excTab=3

3. Mahon (Docked 08:00 - 14:00) - Highlights on Menorca or Ciuatedella or Villages of Minorca (Ship Tours)?

http://www.msccruises.ie/ie_en/Cruise-Departures/Cruise-Itinerary-MSC-Sinfonia-Rates.aspx?cruise_id=SI20140721GOAGOA&ship_code=SI&excTab=3

4. Olbia (Docked 09:00 - 15:30) - the biggest problem

5. Salerno (Docked 07:00 - 13:00) - another enormous problem Pompeii or Amalfi Coast

We prefer ship tours (my wife especially) because we had experiences when public transport you relay on just stop working because of workers protests (especially in Italy and France).

But, if you have some other ideas please be free to advice.

Thanks AmoMondo

Really great post from last year AmoMondo

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38440311&postcount=1

Glad to have been of help in any way.

I'm completely useless when it comes to choosing shorex as I invariably don't do them. Just can't abide any form of organised tour. I much prefer DIY..

I was happy with the shuttle service in Salerno that MSC organises. In Mahon they docked at the footsteps up to the old town - very easy to do it on your own.

I just saw your answer!

Very Excited WAUUUUUUU! This is great! Thanks!

May I ask you for a few minutes of your time?

So my question is what is your recommendation for shore excursions:

1. Cannes (Tender 08:00 -16:00) - Nica & Eze or Montecarlo & Monaco (Ship tour)?

2. Ibiza (Docked overnight) - Island Tour or Unknown Ibiza or A Trip to Fromentera (Ship Tours)?

3. Mahon (Docked 08:00 - 14:00) - Highlights on Menorca or Ciuatedella or Villages of Minorca (Ship Tours)?

4. Olbia (Docked 09:00 - 15:30) - the biggest problem

5. Salerno (Docked 07:00 - 13:00) - another enormous problem Pompeii or Amalfi Coast

We prefer ship tours (my wife especially) because we had experiences when public transport you relay on just stop working because of workers protests (especially in Italy and France).

But, if you have some other ideas please be free to advice.

Thanks AmoMondo

I have just been to Cannes (on NCL Epic cruise) and you could not go far wrong if you arranged a private shore excursion with Sylvie DiCristo. She took our group of 6 to Cannes, Eze, Nice, Monaco and Monte Carlo. Her e-mail contact is: dicristoculvie@gmail.com. She will arrange a tour to meet everyone's personal requirements. Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor - I would not hesitate to recommend Sylvie.

Good Luck with your plans and have a great cruise. I cannot wait until Feb when I sail on Orchestra from Dubai where my son and family now live. Did the same itinerary last Feb on Lirica but had no hesitation in booking again so that I can take the family with me this time.

Regards

Suron (in Bristol, UK)

P.S. Hi There AmoMondo - had a great time in Feb this year and still have lots of places to explore around UAE - might try some of your recommendations this time around

• 2 weeks later...