Pearl or Getaway??

az-cruiser

Looking to do a cruise on either the Pearl or the Getaway. WE have been to all the destinations the Getaway goes to, and have been to allports the Pearl goes to except for St. Lucia.

Pearl looks so old and not much for the kids to do,but we have always wanted to go to St. Lucia, and the Getaway...wow! The ship looks like it has so much to keep the kids busy and so pretty.

Any input would be greatly appreciated:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thank you!

If you're looking for kid activity, definitely go with the Getaway. If you want a very nice, very comfortable, very friendly ship for just relaxing, go Pearl. Yes...the Getaway is a beautiful and super nice ship........although I still prefer the smaller ones. Here's way, way too many unedited pics of the Getaway. In all of them somewhere will be a bunch of kids things to do.

http://s241.photobucket.com/user/roganderson60/media/Getaway1/DSCN5596_zps8f68ea0b.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0

I went on the Pearl 2 years ago...(At that time they had a slide...it has since been removed) and I am going on Getaway in October. (First big ship) As of now, I would lean more toward the Pearl. The ONLY downfall the Pearl has is the ability to be chartered. It is the chartered ship for NCL.

From what I hear Getaway has a ton of things for children to do. So you have to ask yourself...Are you sailing just to see that particular island, or are you sailing for the ship? If you're sailing for the ship go Getaway. If you're sailing for the one non-visited island, go Pearl.

Let us know what you decide!

Happy Sailing!