Age of Cruisers

freddawgs

I thought Oceania literature said that children under 18 were not allowed. Am I wrong on this? Maybe so since my wife says I'm wrong.

arizonaartie

Maybe misinformed!;)

We did see a couple of children onboard under 18.

Maybe you saw no children under 18 on their own as most cruiselines have that policy.

Usually they need someone over 25 in the same cabin.

Hi Lilmermaide,

I have 4 stepchildren who range in age from 10 - 17. They love cruising, but when we take them on a cruise with us, we go on RCCL (Royal Caribbean), as there are lots of other children on board.

When my husband and I go by ourselves (I'm late 30's and the DH is mid 40's), we like Oceania because of the ports.

Have your sisters and you thought about what you were expecting from this trip? If you wanted to see lots of interesting parts of the world, this is a great itineray (we leave in 2 days to do the same trip and I can't wait). However, if you want to hang out with other kids you may be disappointed. How well do the 3 of you get along? Have you done trips before where you were the only kids? You will not have the normal "kids camp" type activities that you would on other cruiselines, but I'm guessing at 19 you might not want that anyway.

Now, for a big plus, the food is way better on Oceania then on RCCL, so if you like fantastic food, you would like it. The other plus is that there are not thousands of people getting on and off the ship at the same time. The library is good, there is internet on board (warning it is really expensive...like almost $1 per minute), and depending on what cabin type you get there are DVD players on board. There is also a nice pool and jacuzzi tub.

Personally, we would not take the kids on Oceania as they like being around other kids (especially the 10 and 13 year old).

Whatever your decision, I think that you are very lucky to have the opportunity to see a wonderful part of the world.

Good luck with your voyage.

Elin

thanks.. actually i was going to mention that we just got back from a greek windstar cruise, and we were practically the only kids on board. it was still so much fun, and travel is my biggest passion. my sisters can pretty much entertain themselves, so i think we will still do this cruise. thanks so much for the help

thanks.. actually i was going to mention that we just got back from a greek windstar cruise, and we were practically the only kids on board. it was still so much fun, and travel is my biggest passion. my sisters can pretty much entertain themselves, so i think we will still do this cruise. thanks so much for the help

Lilmermaide,

You are a woman after my own heart! :)

I say that I work to travel! If you love to travel you will love the itinerary.

As we will be back after Labour Day if you want any tips, please let me know!

e

Lilmermaide,

You are a woman after my own heart! :)

I say that I work to travel! If you love to travel you will love the itinerary.

As we will be back after Labour Day if you want any tips, please let me know!

e

absolutely.. thanks so much!

Archived