Question about premium drink package

adweenal

Yes. The difference is that if you purchase a bottle of wine you are purchasing a specific quantity of wine for a given price. The fact that you got a discount on the bottle because of your package doesn't alter this. This differs from the drinks included in the package since with the package you are purchasing an unlimited quantity of beverages for one person.

But wouldnt the $13 limit apply so I cannot see a full Bottle being discounted to $13 or less given that wines start at around $32 a Bottle.

But wouldnt the $13 limit apply so I cannot see a full Bottle being discounted to $13 or less given that wines start at around $32 a Bottle.

Premium package holders purchase bottles at a 20% discount - Classic holders get 15%.

Why wait to upgrade to premium on the ship.

We are waiting until we are onboard as we have a very generous amount of OBC and will use that to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package.

I've done it through my TA twice now so when i get on board I don't have to worry about it. Got a second glass of sparkling wine after we consumed the glass handed to us as we boarded. Great way to start the cruise!

It's definitely NOT a worry... actually, it's pretty painless. Any bar can handle it for you and it doesn't take much longer than ordering a beverage!

While there is no financial reason to wait to upgrade once on the ship, I found that I preferred having my Sail and Sign Card be printed with the package I had as opposed to the "sticker" you will get if you upgrade at a bar. The sticker comes off after a couple of days. I ended up going to Guest Services and having the card reprinted.

Is there a payable 15% service charge added to your shipboard account for each drink acquired from the drink package? Can full bottles of spirits be acquired with the drink package or otherwise?

Thank you.

The service charge is charged when you first purchase a drink package and it is charged on the entire amount. So there is no additional service charge added after that as you order drinks or otherwise. If the package was received as part of a promotion such as 123Go then it includes the service charge and no additional charge is added.

The package only includes individual drinks by the glass for wine and liquor. Bottles are only included for bottled water, beer and soft drinks. You can purchase full bottles of spirits on board but the cost will be the same as it would if you did not have a package. If you have a purchase and want to buy a bottle of wine you get a discount in the range of 10% to 20% depending on which package.

Edited by Lsimon

The service charge is charged when you first purchase a drink package and it is charged on the entire amount. So there is no additional service charge added after that as you order drinks or otherwise. If the package was received as part of a promotion such as 123Go then it includes the service charge and no additional charge is added.

The package only includes individual drinks by the glass for wine and liquor. Bottles are only included for bottled water, beer and soft drinks. You can purchase full bottles of spirits on board but the cost will be the same as it would if you did not have a package. If you have a purchase and want to buy a bottle of wine you get a discount in the range of 10% to 20% depending on which package.

Great info. Thanks!

We have the gratis 123Go classic package. Do you know if we will have to the 15% if we upgrade to the premium package and if so will the 15% apply to the total premium package price or just the difference between the two?

Thank you!

We have the gratis 123Go classic package. Do you know if we will have to the 15% if we upgrade to the premium package and if so will the 15% apply to the total premium package price or just the difference between the two?

Thank you!

The upgrade is $10.00 + $1.50 grat. = $11.50 per day times the number of days in your cruise. ie; $11.50 X 7= $80.50 per person to upgrade.

Only ever encountered a problem once, I have the Premium Alcohol Package and my wife has the Premium Non-Alcohol Package.

We asked for two coffees at Cafe al Bacio and I asked for a bottle of water also, as we both like to have some water after our coffee, the server said we could only order one thing at a time on each card, I tried to explain I had never had a problem doing it this way before.

When the waiter brought the drinks over he had a bottle of water for us (he had overheard my conversation with the server) waited for the original server to swipe my card then swiped it himself for the water.

As I said earlier, this is the only occasion it has happened.

Regards

Bryn.