Breakaway Complimentary Dining

pastalover

We thought the Manhattan Room was a bit loud and chaotic. It has many large tables so we felt a little lost in there.

I thought Taste and Savor were pretty interchangeable. I preferred the blue/green color scheme in one but my friend preferred the orange/red color scheme in the other. Both are quiet with smaller tables (many 2 and 4-tops).

Taste and Savor always had exactly the same menu. The menu in the Manhattan Room differed by one or two dishes.

Try them both and decide for yourself. Remember that there is also O'Sheehan's, and the buffet is typically quiet and calm except perhaps at peak dinnertime.

We preferred the Manhattan Room over Taste & Savor. The menu in all three restaurants was the same. But we found the service in Manhattan Room to be much better and enjoyed having entertainment during dinner.

Thanks for all of the feedback! Another question is that we will be traveling with our 16 year old son and were wondering what the dress code in the complimentary dining rooms is for him. A little confused as to what "smart casual" for a 17 year old is. Khaki shorts and collar shirt or are pants required? May have to do some shopping!

Shorts & Casual shirt on the BA's Taste & Savor are fine for dinner, more than adequate - as it's casual. It's the bigger Manhattan MDR that requested no shorts and a collared shirt for dining. Service tend to be a bit faster & quicker in the smaller DR's but they are come from the same gallery/kitchen - and we find it easier to get seated when Taste and/or Savor are open, whether it's for breakfast or dinner, YMMV.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on which of the three main dining rooms is the best in terms of food, service, etc...

Any differences besides size?

We thought the service in the Manhattan Dining room was better in terms of friendliness and competent waiters. But as another poster pointed out, it was loud in there and somewhat cramped. We ended up really enjoying the atmosphere in Taste and Savor. Many times we were seated next to the large windows which was fantastic. Though, the service in Taste/Savor was rather slow and the staff appeared unhappy most times.

Thanks for all of the feedback! Another question is that we will be traveling with our 16 year old son and were wondering what the dress code in the complimentary dining rooms is for him. A little confused as to what "smart casual" for a 17 year old is. Khaki shorts and collar shirt or are pants required? May have to do some shopping!
The Manhattan Dining room has a dress code of no shorts, so yes pants are required for that specific dining room. The shorts and collared shirt are fine for Taste/Savor.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on which of the three main dining rooms is the best in terms of food, service, etc...

Any differences besides size?

I likes taste and savor for lunch but the Manhattan room for dinner

Sent from my iPhone using Forums