Freedom or Sunshine with teens?

happymoes

I've not been on the Freedom, but we were on the Sunshine in June with a group of 35. We had teenagers in our group. There is so much for the teens to do. There is the teen club, basketball, water slides, the ropes course and lots of activities in the Sports Square. There are also games in the Red Frog Pub. The food was very good. There are lots of choices for lunch. We ate dinner in the dining room every night. One of the teens chose to eat in the buffet on two nights so he could join up with his friends to watch a movie. I'm sure you kids will have a great time on either ship. I just like the food choices on the Sunshine.

We sailed on the Freedom last August with our two DSs (16 & 14). They both loved the ship and were never bored. The Freedom does not have the ropes course or a newer slide, but our sons had a great time. They both made friends (our oldest made one before we boarded because of the roll call) and they still keep in touch with these friends. They both loved their clubs, one in Circle C, the other in Club O2. Both talk about the cruise a lot, actually all of them. I think either ship would be cool for them if you sail when there will be other kids around.

Just a side note: We sailed on the much smaller Fascination in Nov 2012, kids even had a blast on that one and there were plenty of teens even during the school year. They still had lots of things to occupy them.

Happy sailing!