New Cruise Entertainment Debuts on Carnival Ship

LauraS

It was pretty obvious on the Glory, in May, that the lead vocals weren't being lip synched, they were pretty pitchy at times and the singers were a little out of breath at times from dancing (but that is to be expected and not a criticism), but the backup vocals could have been. In fact, I think they probably were. This always seemed to be the case with me, even in the classic shows. The backup vocals have always been better than the lead singers, which makes no sense, unless they were canned. They very well may have been singing along with the canned backups though. This is pretty common in live performances these days. I don't mind that so much. Better that than out of tune and thin sounding harmonies. My beef with the new digital shows wasn't so much the vocals as it was with lighting, which was truly terrible - the lead singers were often in the dark - the canned music instead of an orchestra, and the lack of stage props. This downgrading of live entertainment concerns me, because it makes me wonder just how far Carnival will be willing to go to cut costs and optimize profits. Heck, I still miss the Grand Midnight Buffet.

I agree with you the the 4 lead singers were really belting them out, but the 4 dancers were just mouthing the words.

Even when they had full productions with a show band, the band was playing to a click track to give them a fuller sound.

To cruiseaholic41

Like I said they were there only a very short time for one of the parties. But they weren't there for very long. They could have been there for the sail away party but I wouldn't know since I didn't go to that. Definitely wasn't enough to make the entertainment on that cruise a good memory. On the majesty after the one evening show what do you find to do?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jana60