what happened to my cruise

klee wyck

We are booked on the Volendam Feb. 8 2005. When we booked in January it was a Western Caribbean cruise. Then it was changed to the Eastfarer. Today I went on HAL's web site to check prices and it's gone. What happened?

Recheck either late tonight or tomorrow or both. Most likely your cruise will then reappear. If not, call your TA or HAL. Sometimes a cruise will disappear, but reappear the next day. Other times a cruise will show closed in all categories, but go back to "normal" the following day.

Thanks for your help. I just called HAL and they are repricing the cruise- Hopefully DOWN! They said to check tomorrow- now I'm really excited. We've already upgraded from a C to an A- our first balcony because of a price drop.

I just checked icruise.com for the 2/8/05 Volendam and it's showing as a 10-day to the Western Carib, Cat. A for $1,328. If you click on "myicruise" and plug in your specific cruise info, it will email you whenever there is a price drop. Don't know if this is the info you're looking for, but thought I'd offer it up as a suggestion. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by klee wyck:

We are booked on the Volendam Feb. 8 2005. When we booked in January it was a Western Caribbean cruise. Then it was changed to the Eastfarer. Today I went on HAL's web site to check prices and it's gone. What happened?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know they were doing some website maintenance over the weekend. The site was unavailable for part of the time. Maybe they inadvertently purged some of the entries? I would call them. They wouldn't just eliminate a cruise.

Blue skies ...

--rita

icon_wink.gif Volendam

Quite a few of the Volendam's Western itineraries for winbter/spring of 2005 have been changed.

We originally booked back-to-back for Feb/Mar thinking we would be doing Eastern and Western. We bought our air line tickets and thought everything was all set. Two days later we got a call from our TA informing us that our Western itinerary for March has been changed to a Souther itinerary.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

FOXY TERRIER:

At icruise.com:

1st page - make a selection;

2nd page (Destination Calendar) - upper left-hand corner select 2004 or 2005, then scroll down to the date you're interested in;

3rd page - click "continue";

4th page - select category then click "continue;

5th page - click "Price Tracker" up at the top;

You can track the price for up to 5 category selections. After you have this set up, you will just have to click "myicruise" up at the top and "Price Tracker" will come up.

I've done this with our last 3 HAL cruises and have received notification for all of them, including one sailing with a price drop of $877 per person on a Cat. A we had booked. That was really "sweet".

BUSHWHACKER

In the past, I've never inserted a tracking #. However, after reading your post just now, I tried to set up their price tracker for another cruise we're interested in and no matter which ship or date I selected, the rate chart showed "N/A" for all cabins. Either there's a problem with that feature OR the site is not letting me have access as punishment because I shared the info and they have been swamped. I'm normally not paranoid, so I opt to go with the former, but one never knows.

However, it has me curious and would appreciate it if someone else would give it a try and let me know if they get the cabin/rate listing page with the prices or "N/A" for each category. Thanx.

Bushwhacker,

Just tried again with two different ships for two different dates and it worked fine. When you get to the last page where it asks for your tracking #, ignore that, and on the bottom left you'll see "set Price Tracker". Click that and your selection will be entered and appear each time you check on it by clicking "Details". You'll automatically be notified via email of any price drop.

Archived