Magic or Sunshine

Fishymom

the magic does have a lot more to do for families and is a bigger ship so you might wanna keep that in mind.. but we had a spa cabin on the magic that included the steam rooms and the pools where kids were not allowed and it was awesome... I am sorry I can not help with the sunshine as have not cruised it. we did do the conquest and prefer the larger ships..

Magic does have a lot more to consider... The sports square with a 2-deck mini golf and the ropes course along with Sea Dogs. The Red Frog Pub is a unique bar with live entertainment at times and LARGE drinks like the 101 oz Thirsty Frog Red beer dispenser. On sea days, there is an outside BBQ with sliders and quesadillas.

th_DSC05877_zps15f0441e.jpg th_DSC05885_zps2f9e61e4.jpg th_DSC05910_zps67d26fa3.jpg th_DSC06019_zps65596870.jpg

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

I've sailed both and wouldn't go back on the Sunshine unless it was an extremely cheap cruise. I especially don't like the conversion of deck 3 forward to guest cabins and the conversion of the theater to a multi use venue, with moveable chairs just lined up side by side with no tables during shows.

Even though the Magic doesn't currently have Guy's Burgers or Blue Iguana cantina I prefer it. It does have a FULL Red Frog Pub with Pub Grub (the Sunshine doesn't, only drinks). The Ocean Plaza on the Magic is fabulous with a huge specialty salad and wraps station, plus the Taste Bar and expanded continental breakfast area is great.

Probably my favorite place on the Magic is outside on the covered Lanai. Nice breeze, but out of the sun, rarely crowded.

But frankly if departure port is not a concern then I would sail the Breeze every time regardless of the itinerary because it has everything.

I have not done the Magic, but have sailed the Dream(Cove Balcony). Enjoyed the ship and the cruise. The outdoor barBQ was pretty unique. But, the thing that I did not like about the dream class ship is that the balconies are not private. What do I mean? All balconies, except the Cove Deck balconies are above and visible form the Promenade Deck.

So, Deck 6 Upper Balconies, look down on the Promenade Deck. And people walking on the Promenade Deck (deck 5) can lookup and see you, so not very private. Of course, those on the higher deck 9 or above are a little more secluded. As for the Cove balcony, your balcony is below the promenade deck, but there are cameras affixed along the side of the ship, so not much privacy there.

The Sunshine's balconies do not have the things stated above. It is a private balcony like most cruise ships. If privacy is not a concern, then all the above is a non issue.

Overall, we really enjoyed the Sunshine, more than the Dream. But, both ship were really nice.

I have not sailed the Sunshine, and am not interested in it. I would sail the Magic (or Dream) again and again! I love that style of ship, and Magic & Dream still have the good shows in the theater. Sunshine has a nice Waterworks area, but I think Magic's might be better. Everything else that I would like about Sunshine is on the Magic. No Guys or Blue Iguana cantina is okay with me. I didn't go hungry on the Magic.

Just got off Sunshine on Saturday and have no intention of doing that ship again. Tiny pool, very crowded common areas, and Guy's is only open for six hours a day.

I think the thing I disliked the most is the almost complete lack of outdoor deck areas to walk. You have a little around the massively cramped lido and a little on deck 3.

Magic was much more airy and open, particularly Red Frog which had a very nice outdoor seating area. The slides on Sunshine were nice but not that much better than Magic.

One thing Sunshine had that IS completely awesome that Magic doesn't is the Alchemy Bar. I hope other ships get this soon.