Kids camp

Avereysnana

We will be sailing with 2 grandsons 8 and 13. Does anyone know what kind of activities they have in the kids club for them? We will be on the Pride in September.

Thanks,

Marty

Edited by Avereysnana

We will be sailing with 2 grandsons 8 and 13. Does anyone know what kind of activities they have in the kids club for them? We will be on the Pride in September.

Thanks,

Marty

Okay, for activities, I can help with the 8 year old. He will be in the 6-8 year age camp and they have alot of activities. They will have many activities inside camp and then be on the go around the ship with a few camp counselors. They do have many breaks for ice cream on the Lido deck to...

The 13 year old will be able to go to Circle “C” which is where 12-14’s can cruise, chill, connect. There are games, parties, and other supervised activities that are created just for them. It isn't a check-in and check-out system. They will need to have their S&S card with them and they can wonder around the ship or go to camp when they want. They hang out with 1 counselor really and he or she just keeps them moving around the ship, on where they want to go.. They may have scheduled stops for others to join throughout the day but they usually just hang around (we ran into them a few times and I talked with the counselor some). So, just keep that in mind, you need to be able to trust and have a talk with this child about safety in and around the ship, check-in times with you and what they are and are not allowed to do...

First Day at Sea we had-

Ice Breakers, Guess that song, T-shirt time, cruiser's choice, family hour, closed for dinner, kid's dinner, talent show sign up and rehearsal, video game play and rock star.

Different itineraries may have different activities; our boys made, painted and erupted a volcano on our Hawaii trip over the course of several days.

Other things were Art attack, ship drawing, picnic time, superheroes, towel folding (always a highlight, lol), "exerseas", just dance, speed stack challenge, lego creations, and our favorite, wii time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Our daughter has done the Circle C program twice and has had a good time both times. In this program they are allowed to sign themselves out if they do not want to do the scheduled activity. Which she did but was nearly always hanging out with the others from the group that didn't want to participate either. I am usually wandering the ship and I would see her many times and she did not even know that I was there. They do have quite a few activities that they all did. She still talks, texts, some of them from both times.

You should really try to get them there on the first night for orientation as that is where they meet and figure out who they want to hang out with. Not saying they can't make friends the next day it's more of a first impression kinda thing.

We got her a soda card so she could have a drink when she wanted. We also put cash on her S-S card so that she could play video games. By putting cash on it it limits what she can spend and can't just run up the card in the arcade. Have read horror stories about this!! She knew her budget for the week and was very aware of her spending per day.

Hope some of this helps you.

I posted the Circle C activities for the week awhile back. Here is a link to it. Scroll down to #8

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1934910

• 2 weeks later...