shops in port vs shops across the bridge *Isa65*

sccoast

i found a walking tour of art craft and cuisine on curacao dot come and i'm wondering what time the shops across the bridge from port close at night? we don't dock until 1, have a 3hr Irie tour, and we don't cruise until after Daylight Saving Time but i'm not sure if tour goes by ship time or their time which will be different in Nov. i saw you mentioned in another thread that the shops near port close at 7pm. if we get back from Irie at 4 or 5 i would at least like to walk over and see floating market and a few of the craft shops on the tour, then head back around sunset to the port area. what do you think?

Irie will leave you very close to the pontoon bridge, so it's very easy to cross the bridge and you'll be in Punda (better shopping center).

Most shops will close at 6 pm, but the shops in the immediate pier area (Riffort Village) will stay open a while longer when there are cruise ships in port.

The entire area is small and walkable, so you should be fine going across the bridge after your tour.

The floating market starts cleaning up rather early (a little before 6), so I would head over there for a photo op and then do your downtown shopping.

Irie will leave you very close to the pontoon bridge, so it's very easy to cross the bridge and you'll be in Punda (better shopping center).

Most shops will close at 6 pm, but the shops in the immediate pier area (Riffort Village) will stay open a while longer when there are cruise ships in port.

The entire area is small and walkable, so you should be fine going across the bridge after your tour.

The floating market starts cleaning up rather early (a little before 6), so I would head over there for a photo op and then do your downtown shopping.

thanks for the info. just got an email from them and the tour is 3-6 Local time so we will just have to see how it goes, at the very least we can still walk around port area and we will have maybe 40 or so minutes before the tour leaves.

If there is anything specific you're looking for in the downtown shops, you will probably still make it.

Most items (except souveniers or Curacao Liqueur) you can also buy in Aruba (assuming your ship also stops there).