Can you get your passport stamped in the post office on Castaway Cay?

near the beach

Can you get your passport stamped in the post office on Castaway Cay?

We sail Sunday and have last minute questions.

Sorry no you can't but ask at guest services if they could arrange it for you. Post office is a little shack selling local stamps only and limited hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

The Post Office is not operated by Bahamian Customs, so no, you cannot get your passport stamped there. If you need to mail something and the post office is not open, you can give your stuff and money to Guest Services and they will drop it at the PO for you when the ship comes back. They do have a nice cancellation mark.

I gave my passport to the guest services desk and thay stamped it for me. :cool:

I mailed a post card from the Castaway Cay post office, it literally took months to get to my parents house. :confused:

I gave my passport to the guest services desk and thay stamped it for me. :cool:

I mailed a post card from the Castaway Cay post office, it literally took months to get to my parents house. :confused:

The were on island time at the post office ;)

You are completely correct that if you give your passport to GS, they will ASK the Customs agent to stamp it for you. Whether it happens or not is totally up to the agent.

And yes, typical time for a postcard from Castaway to the US is about 6-8 weeks. They are always on island time.

• 1 year later...
The reason I asked is you can get your passport stamped at a post office in Grand Cayman.

I was recently in Grand Cayman and noticed people having their passport stamped in "Hell" at the post office and wondered as we were told you can't do "anything" to one's passport or it would be void. So, I asked at Immigration and was told that yes, it IS illegal but as it's a tourist stamp, most customs agents dont' have time to read all the stamps in a passport and some they can't even read.... but it's still illegal so do so at your own risk. If your passport doesn't have many stamps in it and they open it and the first thing they see is an illegal stamp you may have it confiscated.

The risk is yours.