Vos 7/29-8/07

Just back. Any questions? One announcement. Becky "Hello Luv" left the ship in the middle of the cruise. Either someone in her family was seriously ill or had died. She was scheduled to return after the next cruise. She is a delight and everyone was concerned and wished her well. Also, some guy got smashed, punched the bartender, threw a bottle at security and he was unceremoniously thrown off at the next port.

Hi cruznut....I have a couple of questions. In the dining rooom for dinner, do they serve the same menu on the repeat days. i.e. is the menu the same for both Fridays and both Saturdays? Also, do most people stay onboard in Freeport since it is such an early port call in a sucky port?

I too was on Voyager last week and will post a review as soon as I regoup. How people ever post one as soon as they get home amazes me.

bd2406, Becky's grandmother became very ill and she was called home mid-cruise.

dadsonteam, dinner does not repeat itself at all during the nine days, but I will mention in my review that there are very limited choices each night. As for Freeport, surprisingly a lot of people did get off the ship and go into Port Lucaya, mostly for shopping.. not enough time to enjoy the beach as well. However, I think more people got off and shopped right at the port at the little craft village set up right there. Kids were getting there hair braided right there as well. ;)

What did you think of the Security on the Ship? Sleepless ? and Werent the Children loud and Rowdy?? Couldn't believe how the parents alow them to run wild all through the Floors. Security had there hands full but there wasnt enough they had apparently gotten some more at a port because they couldnt handle the underage drinking on the ship. I was upset with the way the ship was ran.

Alittle different and I am sailing a long time. I personally dont think I will be sailing on RCCL anylonger. I found out about this Website on the ship some fellow passengers told me about it, I wish I would have read before I went.

Sorry to vent!!

Glad you had a Good time Sleepless

Cruizkids

At times I found the security on the ship to be pathetic and at other times good. I traveled with a group of 29, 14 of which were kids, so I was probably in a more tolerant mindset than my usual one. I spent most of my late evenings after the shows, etc. outside the Pig & Whistle in the promenade so I had a pretty good hands on view of the Promenade Cafe, which turns into a mixed hangout for adults and kids after midnight. Security had a pretty good grip on things on the fifth floor where all of the activity is, but they were lacking on the 6th, 7th, 8th, etc. where the rooms are. I found that in the two centrums with the glass elevators looking out at the promenade, as well as in the library, etc and other areas flanking the elevators on the deck floors with staterooms, security was sadly lacking. They could barely get to one location and the kids would go to another one. Late late night, after 4 am, when the Vault closes and the 18-20 crowd is legally drunk and has nowhere to go was the worst time around the ship. Most nights at that time, I was asleep, which is a good place to be.

Donna

Archived