Should we?

Freedom2014

No way, José!

Forget another cruise, consider the savings towards on board expenses, maybe some sensible shopping, etc., and the rest towards another cruise. Now, for $500 I'd do it, but not $1600!

No way, José!

Forget another cruise, consider the savings towards on board expenses, maybe some sensible shopping, etc., and the rest towards another cruise. Now, for $500 I'd do it, but not $1600!

The OP's name is Amy, not Jose. :rolleyes:

No way, José!

Yes. The upgrade is 350 a person. They are basically charging regular price. We are paying 750 a person now. It would be 1100 a person. So they are really saving us 150 a person to upgrade...

I would measure it by considering the length of the cruise, i.e., 7 days vs. 10+? and whether there are several "sea days" that you would enjoy that extra space and services. A port-intensive cruise would not merit the extra costs, IMHO.

I would measure it by considering the length of the cruise, i.e., 7 days vs. 10+? and whether there are several "sea days" that you would enjoy that extra space and services. A port-intensive cruise would not merit the extra costs, IMHO.

We have 2 sea days.

Yes. The upgrade is 350 a person. They are basically charging regular price. We are paying 750 a person now. It would be 1100 a person. So they are really saving us 150 a person to upgrade...

My opinion has not changed, but it is your money to spend.:D

My opinion has not changed, but it is your money to spend.:D

I agree we prob would of done. But my grandfather just died and we had to pay for a funeral that is the day before we leave (this Friday). We cannot cancel the cruise so we are going to make the best of it.