Early Saver Questions ...

PC Cruisin

I am looking to book a B2B cruise and wanted to know more about the early saver. These two cruises are not until January 2015.

If I book them now it is charging me an extra $10 per person for the early saver protection.

My question is:

1. Do I get every drop I see or will they question it every time?

2. How far out do you have to be before you can't book an early saver?

3. If I don't book early saver, can I still get the drops until final payment?

Sorry for asking dumb questions but every time I book cruises in the past, I always regret it because I don't know what I am doing. :o

Any help you can give me would be awesome! :D

1. You get all price drops you qualify for.

2. 3 months for a 5 day or shorter cruise, 5 months for longer cruises. These rates can be pulled at anytime though.

3. Yes, as long as you qualify for it.

Also, get the same cabin for both legs of your B2B. They will be booked as individual cruises.

Best thing to do is just book, check a few times and never look back. You will drive yourself nuts otherwise. Enjoy your cruise.

But to answer your questions, yes you can keep lowering it as long as you still have that early saver rate. Most of the time a sale will come up and then your rate changes so at that point you would have till final payment to see if you have a better deal (unless it is a non-refundable rate like pack and go) As far as how long early savers rates, that is up to to Carnival.

Thank you for the advice. I still don't know if I should hold off until I find a rate I can live with or book the early saver and take a chance for a drop.:confused:

If the price never dropped would you still book it? If yes then book now and book early saver. Check the prices and if it drops call to get the lower rate honored or OBC if after the final payment. You will get OBC for price drops up until two days before sailing. I have been lucky to get thousands of dollars off or in OBC from booking early saver.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Best thing to do is just book, check a few times and never look back. You will drive yourself nuts otherwise. Enjoy your cruise.

But to answer your questions, yes you can keep lowering it as long as you still have that early saver rate. Most of the time a sale will come up and then your rate changes so at that point you would have till final payment to see if you have a better deal (unless it is a non-refundable rate like pack and go) As far as how long early savers rates, that is up to to Carnival.

For some of us checking pricing and getting lots of OBC is far from an activity that drives us nuts. I have gotten multiple price drops and OBC on every cruise I have booked under ES. It helps that I book off season when they always have to drop rates to fill the ship. Its always good to join roll calls, that way you have multiple eyes watching the fares.

But I guess some people like to book and happy with the price and willing to leave that OBC and price adjusfments on the table.

My last cruise I got a great deal on a 7 day cruise. I had to call a few times to Carnival to get them to match it since I didn't book it at ES

It's hard for me because I am a planner and the waiting is killing me;)

Since we are booking our cruises out of Florida and need to find airfare, hotel and transportation ... Its hard to make it work at the last minute.

I am ready for a cruise now :D

I generally book when it is a fare I can live with.

That said, I have never failed to get at least one price drop when I book ES. Last cruise I got 5 price drops; this time I have already saved $100 in only a month. And with ES, you can take advantage up to a couple of days before sail date.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

When you say that they will charge you $10 for the early saver protection, I presume you are saying that the early saver fare is $10 higher than another fare. If that is correct, if the other fare is one where you pick your cabin and you are eligible to get it (ie:military, past guest, etc) then you can book early saver and immediately price match to the other fare, therefore not costing you the extra $10. If it is for a guarantee cabin, then you cannot match to it.